RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Digital Voice for Amateur Use

Digital Voice for Amateur Use - Discuss use of digital voice technologies on the amateur radio bands. This is to include technologies such as VoIP, P25, DMR/TRBO, NXDN, D-STAR, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-04-2017, 12:13 AM

Default Anyone have / is buying the CS-800D ?

I am interested in hearing from anyone that has / is buying a Connect Systems CS-800D dual band DMR radio ?
Old 06-04-2017, 4:49 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmscan View Post
I am interested in hearing from anyone that has / is buying a Connect Systems CS-800D dual band DMR radio ?
i have been following this topic on their site. Most buyers are pleased, but a few report the VHF side is deaf. Plenty of comments from owners on the Facebook group.
Old 09-03-2017, 9:18 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I bought one of the 2nd batch of radios in August 2017. So far been happy with the radio. Needs some software improvements such as individual tx audio deviation adjustments for each analog band. CSI, seem to respond favorable to suggesting improvements and have reported that they are working on improving the software functions.

Receiver sensitivity is as good as my other Japanese major brand analog radios. Audio on transmit and receiver is good in both DMR and Analog.
Old 09-18-2017, 5:04 PM

I doubt this has cross band repeat but can it listen to both VHF and UHF at the same time? What about if you want to listen to analog on one of the bands? What about if you're transmitting, will it listen to the other band while you're transmitting?