CS580 code plug?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbix1958

Premium Subscriber
Can't seem to find a code plug for the CS580 for SC or NC. NC-PRN doesn't have one and can't seem to find one anywhere.

Anyone know where I might find one?

MSS-Dave

Start with this, see if it helps.

http://www.k4usd.org/CS700_K4USD.rdt

If you can't program that directly, I think you can use this to change the file to put into that radio

http://n0gsg.com/contact-manager/

30 seconds of Google produced this info.

It seems that the contact manager will allow you to take most any input type codeplug and out put it into what you want tytera and connect systems and retevis and somebody else wise.

Just remember just asking for a code plug for one of these radios for regional system means that somebody or a group put massive hours of work into typing it up so you can have it. They do not magically appear by themselves. So if you do happen to use a codeplug somebody has posted on a website and they have a donate button, consider doing that as they put their time into doing that personally just so everybody has a resource to go to.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
CS580

The code plug for the 580 is not the same as the CS700 or CS750. I have both and a couple of other DMR HTs, and each requires a separate code plug and use different extensions for the file name. I have seen conversion programs, but prefer to write my own.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
I looked up the 580 file extension. It is BFDX, which is not covered by the contact manager program

MSS-Dave

I looked up the 580 file extension. It is BFDX, which is not covered by the contact manager program
Thanks for that, didn't know. I've not rung out the manager program as much as I'd like to yet. Do you know if Connect Systems program for CS700 and others allow import and export of info? If so, what file format does it use?

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
My CS750 uses rdb extensions, but even using another file with that extension doesn't guarantee compatibility because the database structure may be in a different order in the CPS.

jbix1958

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for that, didn't know. I've not rung out the manager program as much as I'd like to yet. Do you know if Connect Systems program for CS700 and others allow import and export of info? If so, what file format does it use?

I can only speak for the CS580 programming software and it only allows .bfdx or .bx files.

And please don't talk down to me like I'm a 5 year old re: 30 seconds of Google search & "Just remember just asking for a code plug for one of these radios for regional system means that somebody or a group put massive hours of work into typing it up so you can have it. They do not magically appear by themselves."

I regularly donate to websites that offer up freeware or shareware or to help compensate those who produce hard work & are willing to share with others. And I did Google for a code plug for my area. That's an obvious first step for everyone before posting here. And I contacted the authors of existing code plugs for NC/SC area and they replied that they hadn't done one yet for the 580. So posting here was a last resort...and to get answers back like your answer is why.

MSS-Dave

I can only speak for the CS580 programming software and it only allows .bfdx or .bx files.

And please don't talk down to me like I'm a 5 year old re: 30 seconds of Google search & "Just remember just asking for a code plug for one of these radios for regional system means that somebody or a group put massive hours of work into typing it up so you can have it. They do not magically appear by themselves."

I regularly donate to websites that offer up freeware or shareware or to help compensate those who produce hard work & are willing to share with others. And I did Google for a code plug for my area. That's an obvious first step for everyone before posting here. And I contacted the authors of existing code plugs for NC/SC area and they replied that they hadn't done one yet for the 580. So posting here was a last resort...and to get answers back like your answer is why.
Sorry I ruffled your feathers. Apparently you read more into my post than I intended. If you feel that my reply treated you like a five-year-old, maybe you shouldn't be on a public forum.

In all seriousness, I hope you find the information that you're looking for and I'll go back and try to recover the few minutes that I've taken to respond to your post.

Good luck and 73.

Status
Not open for further replies.