FT-70DR, and Fusion, can i join rooms/links?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much of Fusion can i do on the 70DR? is it full Fusion like the 2DR? Or can i just use it on Fusion repeaters? And do i need ti know the room number to join? Please let me know before i start using the new 70DR i am considering getting.

Sounds interesting, I might just look for a used FT-1DR in my area. I would like to get into Fusion though, it sounds like an interesting mode.

Golay

Active in your area?

Sounds interesting, I might just look for a used FT-1DR in my area. I would like to get into Fusion though, it sounds like an interesting mode.

I've said this before on RR.
Before you go buy a digital ham radio, (whether it may be D-Star, Fusion or DMR), make sure the repeaters listed near you are active. Plug the freqs into an analog radio, and listen if the squelch stays open long enough to where you can ascertain conversations are actually going on. Fusion sounds interesting to me also, and there's 4 Fusion repeaters listed near me. Yet, other than a couple do a CW ID, none of them ever break the squelch. And I'm not about to buy a Fusion radio until they do.

Last edited:

ButchGone

You don’t need access to repeaters to enjoy digital voice. Just set up your own hot spot. Many options out there that do multiple modes like DStar, Fusion and DMR. The SharkRF OpenSpot is excellent, very easy to set up and works flawlessly. Also, the new ZumSpot with Raspberry Pi and DV Mega with Raspberry Pi. Tons of fun.
BG..

Status
Not open for further replies.