RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Digital Voice for Amateur Use

Digital Voice for Amateur Use - Discuss use of digital voice technologies on the amateur radio bands. This is to include technologies such as VoIP, P25, DMR/TRBO, NXDN, D-STAR, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-01-2018, 4:24 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4KVE View Post
Ailunce, Anytone, TYT, & Radioditty. They are all pretty new, & undergoing weekly FW updates trying to work out bugs, & glitches. Wait 6 months until they are finally "proven".
Quote:
Originally Posted by k6cpo View Post
Also all Chinese manufacture...
Quote:
Originally Posted by N4KVE View Post
Negative. HYTERA is made in China, but is light years ahead of the Johnny come lately CCR mfr's. Hytera is professional grade, while the others are cheap junk designed solely to be sold as cheaply as possible. Rushed to market, still with many problems, they are getting 2 FW updates a week trying to fix them. I'm sure one day they will work properly, but why people buy them now, with so many problems continues to baffle me.
I know about Hytera. It's the radio I'd be looking at if I was the least bit interested in DMR, but I wouldn't buy any of the others. Chinese radios in general will have to come along way before I'll be interested in buying one.

Last edited by k6cpo; 01-01-2018 at 4:30 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 01-04-2018, 8:56 AM

The discussion here started out about dual band radios.
As for me, I'm gonna wait the six month shake down, like N4KVE said, and buy a dual band CCR.
Yes we can all extol the quality of commercial equipment. I own a couple of XPR's and use them on 440 all the time.
But I just don't want to carry two radios.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:20 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Comparison of DMR radios

I found a link to this blogger's comparison of DMR radios today. It has a nice table of features for each radio.
Radiosification: Comparison of DMR radios
Old 01-04-2018, 11:34 AM

I just got an Anytone AT-D868UV in the mail yesterday and so far I'm very impressed. Still have a lot to learn but compared to my single band TYT MB-380 its got tons more features.

For me the software was very intuitive and did everything I needed. I grabbed a premade code plug for my area then added some personal stuff and it was off and running.
prcguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd5y View Post
I found a link to this blogger's comparison of DMR radios today. It has a nice table of features for each radio.
Radiosification: Comparison of DMR radios
Old 01-04-2018, 11:43 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I also have the 868, I love it,, every now and then they come out with a bum firmware or a CPS but they correct it pretty fast,

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Sponsored links