CS 800D

Status
Not open for further replies.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
I ordered a CS 800D from Connect Systems on Thursday night. The radio arrived from California on Saturday. WOW

Codeplug for the 800D on Hoosier DMR wouldn't load it said the firmware was wrong version. So I put together my own codeplug and looked for a QSO to see how the radio was going to work. BTW: The firmware for the Hoosier DMR codeplug was an older one. This is the newest version and has the latest updates.

Likes: Awesome Audio both ways, Programmable keys (even the knob) Detachable head, 130,000 contacts version

Dislikes: Small screen but at least it isn't white.

Radio comes with a N type connector which may not be liked by all. But, it is the best connector for the radio. Programming is not as easy as TYT or even Vertex Standard but once you get going it gets better. Overall, I like this radio better than the TYT MD9600 mostly because of the remote faceplace and front facing speaker.

eaf1956

Feed Provider
CSI issued an update to the CPS which was supposed to prevent radio issues. I downloaded and installed it only to have it crash my CS 800D when writing the codeplug to the radio. No Joy! I really didn't want to return a radio I just got. I called CSI and told them the issue...Radio never rebooted after the codeplug was written to it. Disconnected power to the radio and now it won't even turn on. The Microphone lights up. LOL

OK they told me to load an older firmware to reset the radio and then reload the current firmware. Issue was fixed for now I guess until I write a codeplug to the radio again. You gotta love technology!

eaf1956

Feed Provider
CSI issued an update to the CPS which was supposed to prevent radio issues. I downloaded and installed it only to have it crash my CS 800D when writing the codeplug to the radio. No Joy! I really didn't want to return a radio I just got. I called CSI and told them the issue...Radio never rebooted after the codeplug was written to it. Disconnected power to the radio and now it won't even turn on. The Microphone lights up. LOL

OK they told me to load an older firmware to reset the radio and then reload the current firmware. Issue was fixed for now I guess until I write a codeplug to the radio again. You gotta love technology!

Update: At least on my end the new CPS version R4.02.4 causes issues like Program not responding and Write errors. Never had those issues with R4.02.3

Status
Not open for further replies.