DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

bharvey2

You can certainly write up a code plug (at least for ham radio) for listening purposes only. You can also put one together and add you ID later. If you've got a ham radio license, I'd recommend getting an ID. There is no cost in obtaining one and are turnaround time is probably pretty close to instantaneous these days. (It's been a few years since I got my ID and it took a few days then.)

richber

Premium Subscriber
bharvey2
where did you obtain your id? I filed for mine thes morning from dmr-marc.havent heard anything yet
how long did it take? I just recieved a radioddity gm-77 portable but cant find any codeplugs for it
i guess ill have to start to write my own.
richber

Last edited:

bharvey2

bharvey2
where did you obtain your id? I filed for mine thes morning from dmr-marc.havent heard anything yet
how long did it take? I just recieved a radioddity gm-77 portable but cant find any codeplugs for it
richber

I applied at DMR-Marc. I believe that is the only place to apply for ham radio IDs. What area are you in? You may be able to find a codeplug for another radio and use a codeplug converter to convert one to your GM-77.

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
bharvey2
richber

I got my ID from them last year. It took almost week. I don't know if they've improved any.

RiverCity45

I applied at DMR-Marc. I believe that is the only place to apply for ham radio IDs. What area are you in? You may be able to find a codeplug for another radio and use a codeplug converter to convert one to your GM-77.
Not the only place. The other service is ham-digital.org.
I learned this from an interesting article at Brandmeister. https://news.brandmeister.network/
To register at ham-digital.org: https://register.ham-digital.org

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

bharvey2

Not the only place. The other service is ham-digital.org.
I learned this from an interesting article at Brandmeister. https://news.brandmeister.network/
To register at ham-digital.org: https://register.ham-digital.org

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I didn't know about ham-digital.org. I appreciate the info, thanks. Funny thing, although I've tried to keep my codeplug up to date with user IDs, I've noticed a lot of IDs starting with 1 that don't resolve to a name. The Brandmeister article explains it.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
I may be wrong but I don't think it is an absolute requirement that you have an ID to transmit. As long as you have a ticket, you are transmitting on an amateur repeater just as you do in the analog mode. It is just for a convenience so the other users can "see" who you are.
Correct or no?
Bob

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
As far as I know you are correct Bob. If you're wanting to operate on systems like Dmr Marc they require an id for organization and identification and could technically not allow you to use the system without one. The other reason to have an id would be for some of the special features of dmr like private call or texting. Without a valid id it would be difficult for someone to text you. But it's not like a trunking system id that the radio needs just to listen on a system.

wrath

There are alot of Sys op's who wont let you on without one , and ultimately there equipment there rules, however if you dont have one you can listen on hoseline .
I also may be wrong on this but even on a hotspot you need to be able to key up to make the connection ,i haven't gotten around to fiddling with DMR yet ,still doing time in dstar/fusion ,i am pretty sure without an intial connection you won't hear a thing , but like I say you can listen in on hoseline from your phone or tablet with nothing.
Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.