openSPOT Easter Sale 50% off

Status
Not open for further replies.

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Just noticed that SharkRF is offering an "Easter Sale" on their openSPOT DMR / D-Star / Fusion hotspot device. 50% off when ordered from the SharkRF online store -
https://www.sharkrf.com
HRO still shows it at $239. (I am not affiliated in any way with SharkRF nor am I receiving any remuneration for posting this. But I know readers of this forum are likely to be interested....)

prcguy

Do you own or use one?
prcguy

Just noticed that SharkRF is offering an "Easter Sale" on their openSPOT DMR / D-Star / Fusion hotspot device. 50% off when ordered from the SharkRF online store -
https://www.sharkrf.com
HRO still shows it at $239. (I am not affiliated in any way with SharkRF nor am I receiving any remuneration for posting this. But I know readers of this forum are likely to be interested....)

popnokick

Premium Subscriber
Yes indeed, two openSPOTs can be configured to connect to each other. openSPOT does everything with "Connectors" (DMR, D-Star, YSF, etc.). One of the Connectors that is pre-defined is the "SharkRF IP Connector Server" that is described this way in the manual -

"This is the UDP API server connector you can use to develop your own applications which use openSPOT. You can also use this connector to directly link two openSPOTs together without any servers. The protocol’s documentation can be found on GitHub.

Modem modes supported in this connector: DMR, D-STAR, C4FM, raw (with automatic cross mode conversion between DMR and C4FM DN mode)"

prcguy

Looks like I gotta order two of these, thanks for the heads up on the sale.
prcguy

Yes indeed, two openSPOTs can be configured to connect to each other. openSPOT does everything with "Connectors" (DMR, D-Star, YSF, etc.). One of the Connectors that is pre-defined is the "SharkRF IP Connector Server" that is described this way in the manual -

"This is the UDP API server connector you can use to develop your own applications which use openSPOT. You can also use this connector to directly link two openSPOTs together without any servers. The protocol’s documentation can be found on GitHub.

Modem modes supported in this connector: DMR, D-STAR, C4FM, raw (with automatic cross mode conversion between DMR and C4FM DN mode)"

n9bc

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if the US retailers will give the discount. I would rather not pay the $30 for shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.