Having trouble accessing dmr

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
I programmed a dmr radio with a active ID I got from dmr marc. When I key the repeater with my call, the radio give me a error tone halfway saying my call

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
I'm also having issues with scan mode.
I have 9 analog repeaters and 3 dmr.
All on scan list one. If the analog repeaters have a rx pl the radio Will not stop on a active repeater. If I remove the rx ctcss/ pl tone than scan works like it should but the rx pl helps eliminate hash noise when it unkeys

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Are you programming the correct DMR Talkgroups, Color Code, and Time Slot for each DMR repeater?

Most amateur repeaters do not use tone on the outbound frequency. Perhaps this is why your scan will not work with the RX tones. Will the radio receive these repeaters normally if using the RX tone when not scanning?

- John AC4JK

SirJ

Intelligence Everywhere!
Premium Subscriber
Are you programming the correct DMR Talkgroups, Color Code, and Time Slot for each DMR repeater?

Most amateur repeaters do not use tone on the outbound frequency. Perhaps this is why your scan will not work with the RX tones. Will the radio receive these repeaters normally if using the RX tone when not scanning?

- John AC4JK
Yes and yes on the scan.
I think I kind of have it figured out.
I still dont understand why a local repeater by me has several talk groups with #s next to it.
One group is for local, another is world wide, than another for snars. I added them all but dont get how the talk groups work. I am used to p25 programming which is easy for me and cant relate when programming dmr

chief21

Premium Subscriber
Summer - Western NC; Winter - Tampa Bay FL
Most DMR repeaters can accommodate multiple talkgroups (one at a time) on each DMR Time Slot. In most cases, some talkgroups are static (ie - always on) and some are PTT, meaning that they must be 'activated' by the repeater user before they can be used. They are then usually 'de-activated' automatically from 5-15 minutes after the last exchange.

DMR is quite a different animal. It might be worthwhile to avail yourself of some of the many DMR instructional videos and web sites in order to get a better understanding of how it all works.

Have fun!

- John AC4JK

Status
Not open for further replies.