Converting MD-380 Code Plug to MD-2017 - CPS V1.22

Status
Not open for further replies.

wa4htz

I know this has come up before and the solution seemed to be V1.16 of the 2017 CPS. I have a code plug for the 380 but when I open it in the 2017 V1.22 CPS, only some of the data in the code plug shows up. For instance, the contact list is completely blank. The nodes are all listed but there is no information under them. The scan lists are the same way, although with no contacts, I can understand why this happens. When I open the code plug in V1.30 of the 380 CPS, all fields are fully populated.

Does anyone know if the conversion function was removed from the 2017 CPS in later versions? Is there something about the 380 code plug I have which prevents it from being fully converted? Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am pretty much stuck at this point. I really don't want to have to enter this by hand. My typing is slower than sludge.

The code plug is for the PRN network (Carolinas and some repeaters in surrounding states), PRN – A Wide-Area Digital Amateur Radio Network.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone can give.

Ken

wa4htz

I know it is considered bad forum etiquette to reply to your own posts but I solved my problem. The solution was a program by Tom, N0GSG, called Contact Manager. I had seen mention of this program before but believed it only managed contacts. I was wrong; it manages all aspects of DMR programming for most of the Chinese radios. Most importantly for me, it will convert a code plug for one radio to be used in another model radio. It also can convert between some manufacturers. I used this function to take an MD-380 code plug and make a fully populated MD-2017 code plug. I opened this code plug in the 2017 CPS and loaded it into the radio; it worked first try.

Please note: I have no relation with N0GSG and have never met him. I also have no monetary interest in Contact Manager. I am just a satisfied customer.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.