Icom: Programming trouble: id-5100 for hotspot

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhSixTJ

I tried programming my info for a jumbospot into my ID-5100 and once I save it the entry is marked “skip” and no matter what I do I can’t unskip it.

Anyone have any tips? I’ve done just about everything including a reset to factory settings and it just will not let me use that memory entry. The only way to get it to not show “skip” is to set it as DV simplex but that won’t work with the hotspot.

Anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
Try setting the TX offset to either + or -, but manually enter the offset value to 0.
That was the trick I had to find out about with an IC-92AD, I believe it works for any radio.

OhSixTJ

Try setting the TX offset to either + or -, but manually enter the offset value to 0.

That was the trick I had to find out about with an IC-92AD, I believe it works for any radio.

I’ll give this a try! Currently have it set to “none” with the usual 5.000. I’ll turn it on and set it to 0 to see what happens. Thanks!

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
I assume you're using some brand of radio programming software...? I use RT Systems. I'm not sure you can force 0 offset using front panel programming. I know you can with RT Systems, and I THINK you can with Icom's software.

I have a hotspot and I could use the 0 offset trick with both the IC-92AD and a Kenwood TH-D74a, via the RT software.

OhSixTJ

I’m using the Icom software. Hopefully I can force a 0 value with it. Anxious to get home and try it out as I’ve been fighting this issue all damn week.

OhSixTJ

Wanted to report back that setting a shift with a 0 value did the trick. Thanks!

k7ng

Electronics professional
Premium Subscriber
I'm glad it worked.
Happy to help.

OhSixTJ

Also, I was able to input the 0 from the radio itself, no programming software needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.