MD380 with zumspot - no rx audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

delradio

I set up a sunspot with my mdr380. Local repeaters are out of reach so I have never been able to verify the raidio works. I have set up several channels and one of them is BM TG 4000. I can see where my radio transmits on this talkgoup and using the pi-star dashboard it looks like a response come in on TG9.

No matter what I do I can't receive any signal on my MD 380. I set the side buttons to enable monitor mode but when I use them no static is heard. Its like my radio is muted. Any thoughts?

wrath

Is your squelch set to high?
I set up a sunspot with my mdr380. Local repeaters are out of reach so I have never been able to verify the raidio works. I have set up several channels and one of them is BM TG 4000. I can see where my radio transmits on this talkgoup and using the pi-star dashboard it looks like a response come in on TG9.

No matter what I do I can't receive any signal on my MD 380. I set the side buttons to enable monitor mode but when I use them no static is heard. Its like my radio is muted. Any thoughts?

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
4000 drops all talkgroups from the reflectors. To use Brandmeister you just use the TG like you would with a repeater.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

delradio

I have read that 4000 will send back some sort of robot voice saying disconnected. I can see in my zumspot dashboard that 4000 appears to reply and when listening on another radio i can here the digital sound coming from the zumspot. The md380 shows reception bars but no audio.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Most likely its responding on tg9.. as you have observed.

delradio

Yes i think thats correct. Are there any talk groups where i could test the radio? I have tried talking in several groups but i have never heard any response. Not sure if no one is on or if i have a misconfiguration

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
set up a private call to TG 9990.. This is the Parrot and will transmit back to you what ever you say once you key up..
Just like a parrot..

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
310 311.. take your pick.. 310 is almost always busy..

delradio

Those are the tac groups right? What does tac stand for?

Also do i have to keep up and identify in those groups in order to hear audio? I assume thats the only way the zumspot would know to switch to that contact and start transmitting audio?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Tactical.. but nobody uses them that way.. 310 can be a cesspool of clicks and hotspot loops, but it's a great place to make sure your radio gears your spot as it's almost always busy

cmjonesinc

Premium Subscriber
Delradio I'm monitoring BM TG 31374 for the next bit if you need someone to test with. Ki4anz Clay

delradio

Thanks for all of the help guys. I programmed some of the channels you suggested and I was able to hear audio and even joined a TN net last night. I did have a couple of questions about DMR in general.

I identified on TAC310 and heard a conversation. I changed the channels on my radio but my radio kept going back to the conversation on 310. Is this something I set by accident? Maybe monitoring on my radio?

Also it seems like to get my zumspot to switch to a new channel I have to transmit on that channel which is possibly interrupting someone else. Is this the case ?

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Yes it is the case with most hotspots. Until you tell the spot (by keying your ht) that you moved to a different talkgroup.. it has no way of knowing you did so. They can, unless duplex, only run one talkgroup at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.