Connect systems cs700 programming cable problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc2sgi

I have linux mint on my laptop and when I try to read my radio it tells me to check to see if the radio is connected. For some reason linux is not seeing the USB cable. But for comparison if I program a let's say baofeng radio using chirp linux has no problem with that programming cable. Any ideas. And the dmr cable works on my windows machine no problem.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ergbert

I wasn’t aware that CHIRP supported any DMR radios at all. I’ve only used it for analog ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kc2sgi

I wasn’t aware that CHIRP supported any DMR radios at all. I’ve only used it for analog ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It doesn't. I was just using that as an example. I can program the analog radio no problem. But if I go to use CPS for the cs700 the computer does not recognize the usb cable that comes with the cs700. So I have to use a whole different computer just to program that one radio.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Cable problem

Call Jerry at CS. He has helped me a couple of times and given me accurate and useful answers.

kc2sgi

I emailed him and he said they unfortunately they do not have any one skilled in linux.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Very little programming software works well with linux, even using WINE. The CS700 software was not written to work with other operating systems, while Chirp is written for the 3 major OS systems and has a separate download for each. The problem is the way USB is addressed in linux vs Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.