CS580 missing all text

Status
Not open for further replies.

oh7kd

My BFDX CS580 is not showing any text, just the icons. I updated to the latest firmware from connectsystems successfully and then successfully loaded ENGLISH language file. At least CPS claims so, and shows correct firmware version.

I don't even get Chinese characters if I change the language in CPS.

I tried earlier firmware versions as well, with same disappointing results.

Otherwise the radio seems to work correctly.

Any ideas? To me it sounds like problem in the language file...

73, Marko - OH7KD - AK4XX

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber
My BFDX CS580 is not showing any text, just the icons. I updated to the latest firmware from connectsystems successfully and then successfully loaded ENGLISH language file. At least CPS claims so, and shows correct firmware version.

I don't even get Chinese characters if I change the language in CPS.

I tried earlier firmware versions as well, with same disappointing results.

Otherwise the radio seems to work correctly.

Any ideas? To me it sounds like problem in the language file...

73, Marko - OH7KD - AK4XX

As I recall that update(1.1.0) required me to closely follow more steps than previous updates. I wouldn't count on what the CPS is reporting because the radio is missing text.
I would try update again of firmware then English file following the instruction to the letter. I would not trust falling back to earlier version would be helpful. When they include 2 step updates I suspect the earlier one step may not be compatible with newer unfinished updates like in your case.

This update was one I found it helpful to print the instruction and use them like a checklist so I don't miss anything. Checking them off as I completed each step.
Good Luck,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.