Trouble with radioddity gd-77.

Status
Not open for further replies.

byaeger

Hello, I am having a problem with my new Radioddity GD-77, I have programmed it the right way (I've done my research) on the brandmeister network, and I have put my contacts into rx group lists and still no audio? My green led on top of the radio comes on but no audio, I have a local dmr repeater in my area and cannot hear ANYTHING on it. I am getting real frustrated with this radio. Any comment or answer will be appreciated. Also I am NOT transmitting on this radio, I am using it as a scanner. I don't have my license yet.

-Bryson

ergbert

I would think that to connect and listen to Brandmeister, you’d need a DMR ID, which you wouldn’t have without a valid call sign. I could be wrong, as I haven’t used mine for anything digital yet ( no local repeaters and waiting on parts for my hotspot build).

Does switching on monitor do anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mancow

Database Admin
I heard there is a problem with the firmware in which you Jane to put channels into a receive group before it will unmute. I never could get mine to unmute either and am planning on trying this.

hill

Premium Subscriber
No need to have an id just to receive. You do need to make sure all your group contacts are in the receive list to pass any audio.

byaeger

hill, I don't have to have an id to receive. Because my buddy got one and he doesn't have a callsign or id either and he gets audio perfectly, and ergbert, monitor function does not do anything.

w2xq

Mentor
Bryson, have you double-checked that you have the correct timeslots -- 1 versus 2 -- coded? Have you programmed an analog repeater into an (say) 'Analog' zone list to ensure the receiver audio output itself is working?

KC1IFN

I'm having the same problem on my GD77. Analog works just fine but no audio on digital rx. I'm curious if Bryson got it figured out.

Stretchman

I have a gd 77 and use it often in the South Florida area. If you still need some help with it, let me know.

Also, for info, sometimes, repeaters are set up with ptt instead of always on. In other words, in order for you to hear the channels, you have to key up the repeater. Most of the time, people will do this by saying their callsign, locale, and then Tac 310, etc, so that people who have monitor set to on will know what channel they are on without having to look at the radio.

So, a lot of the green light stuff you see is people who simply are bringing up the repeater without transmitting in order to listen first. If there is someone already on, they will wait until they id their station. That, and sometimes, it takes a little while for the repeater to sync up with the net.

That being said, in order to hear any of the traffic on the local system, you have to add the digital group to the rx group list. There is a good video on programming the gd 77 by a guy named 'razorseal' on youtube who shows the software and how to program it. He is in the WPB area, but the principle remains the same.

As I said earlier, anything I can do to help, and I'll be glad to. I really don't frequent this site, but I'LL check in a bit to see if you are still having any issues. The GD 77 is a good radio. It needs more on board memory for callsigns, but other than that, it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.