DMR in Dallas / Fort Worth Metroplex

Status
Not open for further replies.

ab5r

I am hoping to move to Arlington, TX sometime next year. Looking ahead, I discovered two DMR repeaters in Arlington, which prompted my question: "Are there many DMR repeaters in Tarrant & Dallas counties, and how active are they?"

I am an older ham and NOT savvy with DMR radios and their programming despite extensive reading. Sometime back I did apply and receive my ID number, should I decide to jump on board.

Thanks for any input from the local DFW area readers.

Jerry AB5R

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
I moved back to Tarrant County about 6 months ago (after being gone for a little over two years). There was a good 70cm/33cm co-op system (don't remember how else it was affiliated) but as far as that goes there has been some increase in the amount of DMR systems out there. I don't ever get on them but I know there is some activity out there.

KC5AKB

For that info call Jason
At https://www.grapevineamateurradio.com/store/ he is very active in the local community
Even vists clubs and hamfests
There is a growing amount of dmr in the area
Along with linked machines fm
He even came and put on a very nice program at the Johnson County EOC in Cleburne.
There is some DMR in Waco also .

Last edited:

ab5r

Thank you Raymond,

I found an internet post: Texas DMR - Grapevine Ham Radio which answered some of my questions. I think it is a "fairly" recent document (~2017).

Wonder since the FCC prohibition recently, are there any "type accepted?"

nd5y

Wonder since the FCC prohibition recently, are there any "type accepted?"
All of the low end DMR radios that I know of and have seen advertised are FCC Part 90 certified.

FCC no longer calls it type acceptance.
They haven't prohibited anything recently, you might be referring to the recent public notice about importing and using non-certified equipment that has always been illegal.

KE5MC

Premium Subscriber

ab5r

All of the low end DMR radios that I know of and have seen advertised are FCC Part 90 certified.

FCC no longer calls it type acceptance.
They haven't prohibited anything recently, you might be referring to the recent public notice about importing and using non-certified equipment that has always been illegal.
Sorry, I should have said are they Type Accepted for PART 97......

Has that been authorized now?

Status
Not open for further replies.