RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Digital Voice for Amateur Use


Digital Voice for Amateur Use - Discuss use of digital voice technologies on the amateur radio bands. This is to include technologies such as VoIP, P25, DMR/TRBO, NXDN, D-STAR, etc.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #481 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2016, 10:22 AM
kb4cvn's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Nowhere near a paved road, in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia.
Posts: 588
Post P-25 Repeaters in Lynchburg, Virginia

Here are a few more to add to the list:


Lynchburg, Virginia, atop Candlers Mountain
3720'57.11"N 7910'4.14"W


146.61000 output / 146.01000 input
analog: 136.5 Hz on input and output
P-25: NAC = $293 on input and output

420.05000 output / 426.05000 input

analog: 136.5 Hz on input and output
P-25: NAC = $293 on input and output


The 146.610 has been on this site for decades, and was upgraded to P-25 in 2008.
The 420.050 has been on this site since 2001 as an analog repeater, and was upgraded to P-25 in 2008 by the addition of a DSP card.
Both repeaters share the same cabinet, and can be linked if required.

Both repeaters are Mastr3's. [146.610 was a Mastr2 until ~1990's.]

Hope this helps...


Mark KB4CVN
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #482 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2016, 10:28 AM
rescue161's Avatar
KE4FHH
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Hubert, NC
Posts: 2,982
Default

I wish I would have known this when I went to portable maintenance training at the Harris facility. Maybe when we go back for the mobiles I'll get to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb4cvn View Post
Here are a few more to add to the list:


Lynchburg, Virginia, atop Candlers Mountain
3720'57.11"N 7910'4.14"W


146.61000 output / 146.01000 input
analog: 136.5 Hz on input and output
P-25: NAC = $293 on input and output

420.05000 output / 426.05000 input

analog: 136.5 Hz on input and output
P-25: NAC = $293 on input and output


The 146.610 has been on this site for decades, and was upgraded to P-25 in 2008.
The 420.050 has been on this site since 2001 as an analog repeater, and was upgraded to P-25 in 2008 by the addition of a DSP card.
Both repeaters share the same cabinet, and can be linked if required.

Both repeaters are Mastr3's. [146.610 was a Mastr2 until ~1990's.]

Hope this helps...


Mark KB4CVN
__________________
Hams Against Magnetic Mounts
Reply With Quote
  #483 (permalink)  
Old 01-06-2017, 1:27 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: DM79np
Posts: 433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD0DUJ View Post
Here in Colorado there are 2 p25 ham repeaters 145.220 NAC 293 and 145.445 NAC ABC
Are you active on either of those? I keep listening but do not hear anything. I did have the wrong NAC on one of them but that has been corrected. Using a a Bendix King DPH.
Craig
Reply With Quote
  #484 (permalink)  
Old 02-23-2017, 10:42 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 157
Default

Hey all!
Is there any new P25 on the air in Southern California since the last reports in this thread?? Thanks in advance! !
Reply With Quote
  #485 (permalink)  
Old 02-27-2017, 10:32 PM
N4CYA's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: GA!
Posts: 1,716
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikek View Post
Hey all!
Is there any new P25 on the air in Southern California since the last reports in this thread?? Thanks in advance! !
Not sure if this list of P25 repeaters on Repeater Book is updated or how long it takes to get updated but here is the list.

https://www.repeaterbook.com/repeate...id=06&type=P25
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #486 (permalink)  
Old 04-04-2017, 7:36 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 354
Default

Not many systems on it yet, but feel free to add to it!

Editable Google map for P25 ham systems.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...5079736325&z=6

(Link came from the guys over at https://www.commtechforums.net)
Reply With Quote
  #487 (permalink)  
Old 06-17-2017, 7:07 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 11
Default Bay Area-Monterey-Fresno P25 Linked System

We have an active wide area P25 linked system linked via STUN protocol/Cisco routers through an Astro Tac Comparator. The system is put up by us at the Salinas Valley Repeater Group.

Feel free to say hi on P25, rag chew is very much welcomed. Sometimes we talk for hours. Fun group to QSO with.

The system links Monterey, San Jose, and Fresno together on P25.

Look at Salinas Valley Repeater Group | Home< for more information. We also have an active analog linked system.

Here's the P25 linked repeaters in summary:

San Jose (Covers a large chunk of San Jose and South Bay Area) 443.575 + (KE6STH) Tx/Rx NAC code 293

Monterey (Covers a large chunk of Monterey County) 442.750 + (W6DXW) Tx/Rx NAC code 293

Fresno (Covers a large chunk of the San Joaquin Valley) 443.875 + (KF6FGL) Tx/Rx NAC code 293

The P25 link is active 24 hours a day. Only single talk group (TG1).
Reply With Quote
  #488 (permalink)  
Old 08-02-2017, 3:05 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 318
Default

Anyone know the NAC for the Quantico 2M 146.345
Reply With Quote
  #489 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2017, 7:13 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 318
Default

Spent some time in DC last month and used a UHF P25 NX system with multiple talkgroups. Worked pretty well. Was 443.150. Talkgroup depends on who you talk to. Get the talk groups from P25NX.

On a similar topic I am looking at land in south west VA and plan to get a tower on site first then P25 in VHF and UHF.
Reply With Quote
  #490 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2017, 1:50 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, KY
Posts: 147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2ztx View Post
Spent some time in DC last month and used a UHF P25 NX system with multiple talkgroups. Worked pretty well. Was 443.150. Talkgroup depends on who you talk to. Get the talk groups from P25NX.

On a similar topic I am looking at land in south west VA and plan to get a tower on site first then P25 in VHF and UHF.

How far in SW VA? I frequently visit Pike and Letcher counties in eastern KY.
__________________
Ed
K4XXX / WQSY467
Reply With Quote
  #491 (permalink)  
Old 08-28-2017, 8:18 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 2,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLF82 View Post
Not many systems on it yet, but feel free to add to it!

Editable Google map for P25 ham systems.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer...5079736325&z=6

(Link came from the guys over at https://www.commtechforums.net)
I populated with the ones in Palm Beach County (FL) that I'm aware of that are open.
Thanks for posting the link!

M
Reply With Quote
  #492 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2017, 7:02 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4CYA View Post
Not sure if this list of P25 repeaters on Repeater Book is updated or how long it takes to get updated but here is the list.

https://www.repeaterbook.com/repeate...id=06&type=P25
The issue with that site is I have found almost no NAC codes on the site. I spent alot of time in VA and Philly Area and nothing was listed. I finally found some local folks to get a few from.
Reply With Quote
  #493 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2017, 8:07 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the 'patch
Posts: 4,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2ztx View Post
The issue with that site is I have found almost no NAC codes on the site. I spent alot of time in VA and Philly Area and nothing was listed. I finally found some local folks to get a few from.


It's a user driven database. If you know NAC's, please submit them.

It's only as good as the data submitted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Interoperatablity is not a technology, it is an attitude!!!
Reply With Quote
  #494 (permalink)  
Old 09-23-2017, 8:08 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the 'patch
Posts: 4,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by N4CYA View Post
Not sure if this list of P25 repeaters on Repeater Book is updated or how long it takes to get updated but here is the list.

The Admins try and have submissions worked in 48hrs. It is not always that fast, but we try and get it done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Interoperatablity is not a technology, it is an attitude!!!
Reply With Quote
  #495 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2017, 6:17 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Central New York
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayn1n32008 View Post
It's a user driven database. If you know NAC's, please submit them.

It's only as good as the data submitted.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That was my point. 90% of the P25 systems on the page do not list the NAC. Whoever is submitting them either doesn't add them, or the form needs changed. There should be a column as there is for PL with NAC. If its listed as a P25 it should not be on the list if there is no NAC in the listing.
Reply With Quote
  #496 (permalink)  
Old 09-24-2017, 7:35 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: In the 'patch
Posts: 4,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb2ztx View Post
That was my point. 90% of the P25 systems on the page do not list the NAC. Whoever is submitting them either doesn't add them, or the form needs changed. There should be a column as there is for PL with NAC. If its listed as a P25 it should not be on the list if there is no NAC in the listing.


That's not how it works. When RB was initially built it was with data dumps. I have many repeaters in my area of the DB that do not have a PL listed. As they get confirmed on air, if they need PL they will be submitted.

If it was that way, then if a repeater was is confirmed as CSQ, then it would not be listed with out a PL/DPL.

Hams are pretty predictable. If there is a P25 repeater listed use NAC $293. Vast majority of ham P25 repeaters use $293.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Interoperatablity is not a technology, it is an attitude!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
sticky

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions