CAD, possible, plausible, legal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

petergriffin

in Canada is it legal or even possible for someone to decode a channel that had MDT data(specifically, waterloo region, guelph ps etc), (not including the bell1X) also what is the diff between that CAD and the CAD that some taxi's use?

tusker305

Peter,
That would be so kool to be able to read what the dispatcher is talking about when she says "Read the notes on your mdt." Not So Much. Don't even bother trying this. First you need to know how the data is being transmitted, Frequency,Satcom, etc. Next you need a copy of the "mobile" program to recieve the data on your screen. Last but not least you need to be Logged On to the network as a Mobile User. At this point the Dispatcher knows you are there, and really wants to know who you are. If only at first to give you a call that she has holding. When she can't, now she wants to find you and kill you. Believe me, I know.
Next the dispatcher can simply log you off, and your gone. Or get the IT Folks to find and kill you.
If you are able to jump all these fences, you are not going to recieve anything because the dispatcher has not sent you anything. It's kinda like IM or e-mail you can have all the accounts, but if nobody is sending, you get nothing. Now if you get through all this and are able to recieve, thats is what you will recieve, everything. Every time the dispatcher updates a call, the time changes (normaly once every second) ,somebody goes enroute, onscene, in or out of service your screen will change, you will never have time to read anything, and go blind trying to keep up. I have used MDTs since they were invented and most of the stuff on them is not worth reading. "Notes usually consist of "There are two dogs at this address", "Subject likes to throw food at officers" , "Contact the Watch Commander after this call", or "Meet 13 Adam 22 at the Donut for lunch". Don't even bother. Just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.