OPP TG 8384 Zone 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wretched

Why does the DB list this talkgroup as Sebringville and not Perth? No other TG's are labeled by a detachment's town except this one....

Another thing, Huron and Perth (Sebringville) are always patched together. Since I've had my scanner, the Perth (Sebringville) TG is always the one that would be recieved and displayed, but this week, it's been the Huron TG showing up.

Last edited:

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hafta ask the OPP & BMR I guess. One of them came up with the designation. One of Fleetnet's little oddities I guess. I often scratch my head wondering how they came up with some of the boundaries the EMS talkgroups use. London West for example. You would wonder how Dutton and Goderich would belong on the same talkgroup.

VA3DBJ

Ontario Database Admin
Database Admin
Why does the DB list this talkgroup as Sebringville and not Perth? No other TG's are labeled by a detachment's town except this one....

If I remember right, back when OPP was on 42.06 MHz, that particular detachment and the old radio dispatcher was called Sebringville. It was probably a victum of the old detachment list that got included in the first draft of the TG names, before they re-drew the broundaries and renamed some of the detachments. I am almost positive, the old detachment and radio list used Sebringville,as opposed to Perth before the regional shuffle in the mid 70's and then again in the 80's.

Maybe the person responsible for the first draft of the TG names, used to run the old radio set there.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.