just bought a uniden 246

Status
Not open for further replies.

peteman

Honestly ppl I really did go throught the manual and tried to download the software but all that i got was a bunch of numbers that meant nothing is there any one who can send me a file for toronto, york, peel, hamilton, waterloo. windsor, halton, emerg. trunked systems.
that I can blast into the radio with the computer

Once again i thank you all and i AM not unaware iof the fact that a user who has "SENIOR MEMBER" beside his user name shoul.d even have to ask thisa question.

bhermans

246T programming

Peteman:

What software do you have for programming the 246T? I found programming that scanner by hand nearly impossible until I got the Butel ARC246 software. That software makes programming the 246T a task that can be done.

I have a couple of the regions you want (fire only) programmed into my scanner using ARC246. Let me know if you would like a copy.

Bryan

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
Peteman, I still have a few ARC 246 files that you need for most of the systems you want?
Is this compatible?
P.S. Senior Member is just a post count thing.

peteman

Thanks gents, where do I get the software, arc, in the morning i am going back to the radio store to se if they will program t it for me but where do i get the software and thanks for the quick response, oh and apparently I am not a senior member anymore.
and you are right trying to program it manualy made me want to pitch it out the window.

EJB

20 + year membership
Premium Subscriber
You can buy it online, from Arc.
I bought mine (download) from scannermaster.
That way I was ready to build systems before I got the radio.
Dont pay anyone to program it for you, once you start building files you can program a great deal of systems in hours.
Join this site and cut and paste systems directly to Arc software.

slicerwizard

The ARC246 demo can be downloaded from Butel's site and used to upload files to your scanner and it won't cost you anything to do that. Have you provided an email address for others to send their files to?

Status
Not open for further replies.