Smiths Falls Listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick9drs

Hi there,
I am pretty new to the scanner scene and was wondering if there are any interesting frequencies for Smiths Falls? Such as police, fire ambulance etc... I had a scanner a few yrs ago but the local police frequency seems to be garbled. I have a Uniden Sport Cat 200, it seems to work fine but only with certain Frequencies.

Thanks for any help.

Nick9drs.

polo_762

Smiths Falls PD uses voice inversion encryption on their frequencies. There are downloadable programs available on the web (if you want to run your scanner audio through the computer). but I wouldn't be advertising to anyone on SFPD that you can hear their comms. I can't remember offhand what Fire Dept is out there, but the frequencies are available in the Database. As far as ambulance goes, they are on Fleetnet (the province wide trunked system), so you'd need a trunking capable scanner, (digital if you want to hear the OPP).

Hope this helps.

mciupa

Try these .

153.815 County Fire
414.6375 Fire repeater link

Read about trunktracking scanners.

An analog trunktracking scanner will allow you to hear the Ministry of Health ambulances.
A digital trunktracker will let you listen in on the OPP ( and also analog tx's too)

Check them out at www.radioworld.ca and www.durhamradio.com

Last edited:

ocscan

Premium Subscriber
Nick9drs said:
Hi there,
I am pretty new to the scanner scene and was wondering if there are any interesting frequencies for Smiths Falls? Such as police, fire ambulance etc... I had a scanner a few yrs ago but the local police frequency seems to be garbled. I have a Uniden Sport Cat 200, it seems to work fine but only with certain Frequencies.

Thanks for any help.

Nick9drs.

All the railroad activity from CP is pretty interesting, you will be pleasantly suprised what issues they deal with. I have family in Goulbourn Twp. close by and they get alot of good listening using one of my retired BC890xlt's CTCSS but no trunking...next time I visit I'll get you a listing of what I've got programmed for them. What kinda Antenna are you using???

Status
Not open for further replies.