massive accident

Status
Not open for further replies.

edwardscott

20-car accident on 401 near Grafton, east of Cobourg....sounds like several people have burned to death (several code 5s) a fuel-carrying tanker exploded, fully engulfed, along with many other cars....

quit the listening on Lindsay north right now and area FDs...about 15 ambulances there or en route

Edward Scott

mciupa

I heard about the wicked weather going through that way around noon.
It almost seems unbelievable as it is sunglasses weather here in Toronto.

Keep us informed. :(

Jammin_Jay

Lake effect snow is very dangerous, and can occur instantly. It can be sunny and clear, then all of a sudden, dark stream of clouds and snow, like a blizzard snow squall just a few miles away. According to environment canada there were snow squall warnings for the area. For those who have driven through it, u know what i am talking about.

jellotor

Indeed. I used to have to travel between Port Elgin/Southampton and Collingwood regularly. The weather, and the snow, would change five or six times in the course of the drive. People in Meaford, for example, would be getting hammered with squalls while Thornbury was clear and sunny.

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
I don't know that I'd blame it on the snow. I'd probably blame it on people who can't drive according to conditions. How many times do you see idiots blazing up the left lane with snow/ice... a heck of a lot more than you should, that's for sure.

Lexxx

I've driven through that area on the 401 during extreme snow squalls, and slowed to 45 to 50, thinking that was a safe speed. Stopping I thought might have been even more dangerous. I was in the inside lane and came upon a car stopped in the passing lane.

Whether from disorientation or fear, that's where the car stopped. I never did hear about an accident in that situation, although I was expecting to.

The 401 in the dead of winter can be a nightmare, especially for the inexperienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.