Rogers TV program

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathalogical

I caught an episode of Urban Insider earlier this week and it was a behind the scenes show about Toronto EMS. Very detailed show. They showed the comm centre, marine unit, driving school, vehicle maintenance, supply trucks and a ride along. It repeats the show during the date and times shown. Upcoming shows look interesting as well, Toronto Transportation and Pearson Airport...the kind of stuff we all like listening to !

http://rogerstelevision.com/get.asp?lid=12&rid=16&sid=1111&arid=16

About the comm centre. Something interesting caught my attention. A map, next to a desk, wrapped around a column that may have been about 2 feet in diameter. It was just a quick glimpse. Maybe it was on a turntable so the dispatcher just spins it around to find a street...like a lazy susan...or more like a lazy map !!!

jellotor

That's interesting...perhaps only as a backup to an electronic map, though. With all of the searchable maps readily available now I can't see how a hard copy like that would be necessarily *quicker* for day to day streetfinding.

It's been a long time since I abandoned cable (in more ways than one!) but they always did a hell of a job with a show called Structures. Anyone know if it is still being produced?

jellotor

Snort, guffaw. They have the producer's job title listed as videographer.

I suppose I was thinking that I'd be SOL without my MapArt books from time to time. Streets & Trips is great but I don't always have a laptop with me. Silly me.

That said, I have a doozy of an electronic map to figure out how to produce...

Status
Not open for further replies.