Weird Looking USB type Connector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJ4ODU

Premium Subscriber
I bought a Dash Cam (CARCAM) made and came from China, and the pictures show a Mini-b USB. and that is the cords that came with the Unit,

But the Connector on the Unit is not a Mini-b USB or any of that i seen,

I did a Google search and don't find anything that would work.

its a 10-pin connector,

Here is a link to the one I bought....

2.0" TFT 5.0MP CMOS Wide Angle 8-IR Night Vision Car DVR Camcorder w/ HDMI / Mini USB - Black - Free Shipping - DealExtreme

I did contact DX. and they said that I would have to mail the one I got back and they would send a 2nd one to me..

well I ordered this thing jan-3-2013. and took 20 days to get here, so If I mailed this one back and when they get it and then send me a new one... it going to be 3 mouths. LOL

SO Lets pay a game... NAME THAT Connector!..

as I lost and really don't want to wait that long, I know I could return it, for a full refund. and at the same time order something else.

But I would like to First see if I can find one in the states and buy it. I don't care if it only that end. I'll make the other end. etc...

Thanks Terrell.

Attachments

• photo(2).JPG
    photo(2).JPG
    121.4 KB · Views: 2,844
  • photo(1).jpg
    photo(1).jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,812

AB4BF

Premium Subscriber
Maybe at a kiosk at the local mall, you might match a cellphone power connector or perhaps (don't get mad) Radio Shack.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You didn't say if it works or not. Does the standard USB plug fit? Sometimes manufacturer specific connectors like this (often on cell phones; I had one on an HTC) will still allow a generic USB connector to plug in and work. The PINs that connect are enough to do standard USB data (or charge) but the rest could be for audio out or other features of the equipment that only the manufacturer's dongle cable would support.

DX can be a PITA to deal with sometimes. They are more or less just a middle-man in the transaction, though with a little more control. You may also try looking at the other cams and see if there's any discussion about the interface cable for them.

Last edited:

CapStar362

its a proprietary USB Connector with extra pins for the proprietary part, but usually works easily with standard USB-Mini B Plugs, only catch is, you WILL lose the proprietary features by using a standard USB Cable.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I don't have that particular camera but I have the same 10 pin USB port on my dash cam. The cable it came with wasn't long enough and the USB cable I picked up at Best Buy worked fine.

traumacop

Premium Subscriber
How does the cam work? Was going to order one but didn't know how the video quality was.

Thanks

Darrin kb8ecf

Sent from the trenches of Cbus on my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.