Northern Arizona Wildfire Operating Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Nice find! This plan clears up some frequency uses on the Kaibab and Coconino National Forests. I would bet that frequency use has changed very little. I'm going to submit database changes for both Forests.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
http://parkplanning.nps.gov/parkHome.cfm?parkID=65

ExSmokey - you might like this page - Narrowbanding - Fire Mgmt Plan - South Rim Transportation - Railroad - South Entrance Station - lots of stuff going on at the Grand Canyon National Park.

Peter Sz

PS - if anyone has a photo of the South Rim Fire Station, I would love to see it.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Another great find! This explains all the repeater sites for Grand Canyon NP and lists the four nets for the park as well as the existence of a 5th net called the tactical net. I will have to check the database and see if it lists all of these nets. The EA specifically includes an administrative net and not a maintenance net as shown in the database so at least that part of the DB is incorrect.

How do you find these things? I thought I was pretty good at finding obscure, yet useful documents on the Internet, but you have found two gems that explain either frequency use or repeater locations and net names.

Keep um coming!

sigint1

Was: joking
Another great find! This explains all the repeater sites for Grand Canyon NP and lists the four nets for the park as well as the existence of a 5th net called the tactical net. I will have to check the database and see if it lists all of these nets. The EA specifically includes an administrative net and not a maintenance net as shown in the database so at least that part of the DB is incorrect.

How do you find these things? I thought I was pretty good at finding obscure, yet useful documents on the Internet, but you have found two gems that explain either frequency use or repeater locations and net names.

Keep um coming!

I just posted this in the Nevada forum - looks like it will fit in here also !!! - Western Great Basin Aviation Comunications Plan

Here is link - interesting stuff !!!

http://gacc.nifc.gov/wgbc/logistics/...n/commplan.htm

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
I usually go to Google - punch in a freq of interest - and then throw in "fire" and "pdf". Or searching for "fire" and a standard PL (like "100.0") can be good. Good search terms for me also include - rptr - repeater - fire study - fire plan - resource directory - communications plan - tactical - tac - 2008 - channel - etc. The same hits will keep coming up time after time - but once in a while - bingo!

Happy hunting - Peter Sz

Good freqs to search for include - 154.2800 154.280 154.28 168.6250 168.625

Status
Not open for further replies.