Keep posting the Federal Frequencies Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

W9NES

Thanks for everybody posting the federal frequencies all across the US. I have found that some of the frequencies that are being posted are in use here in Indianapolis,Indiana as well.If I see new frequenceis I have been putting in my Uniden 996 T and listening to see of I hear any radio traffic.Thanks for letting me be a part of this.Best Requards To All, Tim DeLong W9NES Indianapolis,Indiana

Stavro35

I search between 406.0 and 420.0

And
162.0 and 174.0
here in the Seattle area once in awhile.

So far, I've not found anything new. Most everyone seems to on the JIWN systems. And I'm not hearing anything on those.

I've programmed in a lot of common frequencies. Including BATF. F.B.I and U.S.S.S.

I am hoping to catch some traffic during future presidential visits.

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
So you can run to those federal agencies and tell them we can hear them chatting? Run and ask them if they're licensed through IRAC? Give them yet another reason to encrypt everything or else go Nextel?

No thanks.

SCPD

QRT
So you can run to those federal agencies and tell them we can hear them chatting? Run and ask them if they're licensed through IRAC? Give them yet another reason to encrypt everything or else go Nextel?

No thanks.

OK, MR TRoll

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
OK, MR Troll

I'm the troll here? I work my butt off submitting info to the database here. I post productive post-trip topics detailing what, when and where I've heard things. I've been on this board since 06-18-2002, and a contributing member to our regional board since 1995.

Mr DeLong, OTOH, is so fond of rules and regs that he nearly singlehandedly robbed Indy-area listeners of their ability to hear Indy officers chatting on 'illegal' freqs. I don't know about you, but if I had info on a secret freq used by the local PD to chat on, I wouldn't say a WORD....Illegal freqs or not. Do I find the language used offensive? Not personally. Not very bright, but gonna happen whether over the radio or not, in ANY line of business. Listeners like this are the reason we end up listening to "buzz-buzz-buzz" or "Call me on my Nextel".

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94206

http://www.radioreference.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99277

SCPD

QRT
I'm the troll here? I work my butt off submitting info to the database here. I post productive post-trip topics detailing what, when and where I've heard things. I've been on this board since 06-18-2002, and a contributing member to our regional board since 1995.

Mr DeLong, OTOH, is so fond of rules and regs that he nearly singlehandedly robbed Indy-area listeners of their ability to hear Indy officers chatting on 'illegal' freqs. I don't know about you, but if I had info on a secret freq used by the local PD to chat on, I wouldn't say a WORD....Illegal freqs or not. Do I find the language used offensive? Not personally. Not very bright, but gonna happen whether over the radio or not, in ANY line of business. Listeners like this are the reason we end up listening to "buzz-buzz-buzz" or "Call me on my Nextel".

Encryption is decided on these 2 things 1) The agency wants it 2) they have the $$$ .. posting or not posting frequencies has ZERO to do with anything

chpalmer

Encryption is decided on these 2 things 1) The agency wants it 2) they have the $$$ .. posting or not posting frequencies has ZERO to do with anything

Contrary to your comment there. I know of a couple of agencies that I was involved with that went to Nexhell after they got their hand slapped for being on a frequency long after the license expired. They both got turned in by someone in scannerland.

Have a nice day!

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something

And how does the agency decide if they want it?

A place I've worked in the past implemented DES encryption based solely on scanner listeners, with the brass's opinions based on Internet research, calls from people who heard things and wanted to discuss them with dispatchers, and public reaction to proposals (almost no one commented at the council hearings).

Here's a nice quote:
"Without encryption it would be nice to have cell phones in the units to communicate in private. Scanners are a problem in our community."

http://interop.mt.gov/content/docs/...6_09_16_sec_4_results_powder_river_county.pdf

Feel free to replace that county name with any in the state and see how many say the same thing...I did randomly and found around 60-80% did.

SCPD

QRT
Contrary to your comment there. I know of a couple of agencies that I was involved with that went to Nexhell after they got their hand slapped for being on a frequency long after the license expired. They both got turned in by someone in scannerland.

Have a nice day!

that is NOT encryption.....It's simply operating illegally

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT

A place I've worked in the past implemented DES encryption based solely on scanner listeners, with the brass's opinions based on Internet research, calls from people who heard things and wanted to discuss them with dispatchers, and public reaction to proposals (almost no one commented at the council hearings).

Here's a nice quote:

http://interop.mt.gov/content/docs/...6_09_16_sec_4_results_powder_river_county.pdf

Feel free to replace that county name with any in the state and see how many say the same thing...I did randomly and found around 60-80% did.

Simple, If who ever in charge wants or feels they need it & they have the $$$ they do it

Last edited:

Wilrobnson

Rock or Something
Nextel is about as encrypted as you can get, from the scanner listener's standpoint. Where as the local PD's detectives used to use a simplex VHF analog freq to yak and surveil on, now all you ever hear is "go to 6", a DES encrypted channel, or "go to Nextel". Same thing from a listening standpoint.

SCPD

QRT

Here's a nice quote:

just "saying things " does not make it true. they wanted it so they smooth talked & exaggerated ( yes even lied) the reasons why, & they got their $$$..

SOFA_KING

What is all this "noise" about? And what does it have to do with Fed monitoring? Take you beef somewhere else. :roll:

Everyone should know to keep their mouth shut. That is a given. I'm over the encryption thing. Complain to your local agency if you do not like it. I did. But Jeb Bush didn't care about us, so he made everything on the state system Provoice ESK. Talk about public dis-service! I guess its not "My Florida" even if the airwaves are PUBLIC PROPERTY. Bush SUCKS! :mad:

There is my rant. :D

Now back on topic...I'm sure you will hear the same frequencies in use in different areas to some extent, but not all the time. They have to plan around exsisting local usage and they need to keep one area from intefering with the surrounding areas, so the best thing to do is scan the most reported ones and search until you get some idea of what NAC codes and PL's are in use. Then you can identify them better when you find something new. ;)

Phil :cool:

jerk

Very true, read the above posted links... Some people don't know how to use scanners for their enjoyment.
And I would not put it past Tim to call long distance to let an agency "know" that someone is monitoring their frequencies.

He called and complained about "secret" frequencies used by Indy Police, (and had them removed) he'll no doubt do the same for the Federal ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.