Man Hunters USM

Status
Not open for further replies.

VPD24193

As some of you might know there is a new show man hunters involving the US marshalsdoes anyone know what exact frequencies there on

Astrak

Look in the Wiki under federal link. Listen to those, also they are at times on local public safety systems.

SOFA_KING

As some of you might know there is a new show man hunters involving the US marshalsdoes anyone know what exact frequencies there on

Does anyone look at even the first page of threads before they post a question like this? Not even half way down the page is a thread about the USM with info and freqs. :roll:

And the Wiki is old and out of date.

Phil :cool:

SOFA_KING

Man Hunters

Look at all those big /\/\ W3 hand held control head mics and listen to that P25 audio! That is what we are taklin about here! ;)

Now if they would only stop the fake Nextel stuff and just stick to the two-way P25 we would enjoy the show more. I know I would. :)

SOFA_KING

Check Hulu - Watch your favorites. Anytime. For free. - I think there is at least one Man Hunters episode on there. Peter Sz

It is so cool to actually see what we have been hearing for years. Everything, including the special "lingo", can be seen and heard up close and personal. I love it! These guys are pros! But I am surprised they would do a show like this. It may be good PR, but it is showing the bad guys how they do it. These guys are good at what they do, and very careful, so maybe that is why they are not to worried. As long as the show is on, I'll watch it...and I thank them for it!

nauss

I watched them clear houses and out buildings and laughed out loud. One lead into the building with his head first and firearm pointed directly at the ground. As a trained officer, I would not want to work with them. Very bad tactics.

GKENY044

as with many of these reality shows, alot of what you actually see is staged or retaped after the fact.

as to the original question, and a response, a lot of what they do is done via nextel, here in Ct they use a little of everything, they pop up everywhere, keep in mind a majority of what they do standard 2 -way coms are not utilized,

Last edited:

SOFA_KING

as with many of these reality shows, alot of what you actually see is staged or retaped after the fact.

as to the original question, and a response, a lot of what they do is done via nextel, here in Ct they use a little of everything, they pop up everywhere, keep in mind a majority of what they do standard 2 -way coms are not utilized,

I believe that is true for the reality show shooting, but how do you know what coms they are using? Since you can't hear phone conversations, how do you know? Do you have any credible information on that?

Manhunters shows some real coms on real two-way equipment. At times the producers edit in a Nextel chirp to what can clearly be seen and heard as a Motorola W3 HHCH with "soft" P25 audio coming out of the speaker. Some inter-agency ops shoots you can see two different two-way radios being used (like ICE and USMS). There is also some fake editing of MDC1200 squawks at the end of some transmissions and "squelch tails" added to the start of some transmissions. There is a lot of fake Nextel patched in to keep the storyline going. This is Hollywood for ya. But there is enough evidence to show that they do use two-way when it is available and phones when it is not. And I have even seen an episode in my home area where P25 was used extensively, but the question is on what frequency. That is our job. So get searching! :D

KB1JHU

There was story on Fox61 news last night about 2 people the US Marshals are searching for in Hartford with 2 shots of their radios. Got some caps from the vid on their site.

usm01.jpg
usm02.jpg

First pic looks like an 800 antenna to me. Not sure what the old beast in the second pic is.

The whole video is available here: Fox 61 News at Ten

It's listed as "Connecticut's Most Wanted" in the video player.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
The one on the left looks like a Tyco Electroincs / M/A-COM antenna and the radio on the right resembles an old M-PA.

And given that Hardford is on EDACS analog without ESK, it makes sense :) This would be one of those times where they seem to be using a local system for interoperability (at the minimum).

KB1JHU

The one on the left looks like a Tyco Electroincs / M/A-COM antenna and the radio on the right resembles an old M-PA.

And given that Hardford is on EDACS analog without ESK, it makes sense :) This would be one of those times where they seem to be using a local system for interoperability (at the minimum).

I knew someone would have an answer. I'm not too familiar with the EDACS gear but when I saw the 800 antenna, I figured they were probably on the Hartford system.

Jaybone

I have worked with a few of those guys on tv on a few occasions. Next time I am with them, I will scope out their radio and copy down some #'s under the battery :D Just give me some time to work on it for ya.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I'm gonna have to not believe that in this case. These guys have busy jobs. They aren't going to drive around staging fake two-way radio conversations for the sake of TV.

What comms I've seen show them legitimately using their two-way gear.

MOTOROLANUT

staged

Agreed Wayne, The USMS is a very busy agency, The only thing that could possibly make it appear staged is the film editing on the film company part. Its like the Homeland security show, the editors want to show the best clips. MY hats are off to the USMS; they perform a valuable service to the citizens and government of the United States.

Unlike that former convict himself 'Dog" the wanna be bounty hunter...LMMFAO..

KB1JHU

Agreed Wayne, The USMS is a very busy agency, The only thing that could possibly make it appear staged is the film editing on the film company part. Its like the Homeland security show, the editors want to show the best clips. MY hats are off to the USMS; they perform a valuable service to the citizens and government of the United States.

Unlike that former convict himself 'Dog" the wanna be bounty hunter...LMMFAO..

I agree. I'm willing to bet most of the inconsistencies with the radio stuff is likely due to editing. I noticed it with the DEA show on Spike. The way they cut some clips together, it looks like one agent is talking on a HHCH to another agent on his Nextel. Then there are all the added sounds like MDC and such. I think some of these shows add BS radio traffic in sometimes just to fill a quiet spot in a clip.

SOFA_KING

I agree. I'm willing to bet most of the inconsistencies with the radio stuff is likely due to editing. I noticed it with the DEA show on Spike. The way they cut some clips together, it looks like one agent is talking on a HHCH to another agent on his Nextel. Then there are all the added sounds like MDC and such. I think some of these shows add BS radio traffic in sometimes just to fill a quiet spot in a clip.

Yes, I noticed the same thing. How could anyone not? :confused:

That is what I was saying all along.

Status
Not open for further replies.