DEA in the Southeast

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Originally Posted by scanrfan View Post
Have heard the DEA on Ch 3 - 418.900 and Ch 4 418.750 (PL 156.7) in the past. Not much recently. Don't know about Tuscaloosa, but suspect the B'ham freqs are for much of North Central Alabama.

the above was posted ijn The Alabama forum a day or 2 ago & I went & programmed en my Pro 96 & BINGO heard / am hearing DEA CH4 at this tim ( no PL tones) ( less than 2 miles from my house . they are analog & in the clear. any one have any more to go with these?

Paul

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Dea

you wont hear it for too long if its posted all over the internet.....

It's not like those frequencies are a secret or hard to find. They pretty much same the same frequencies nationwide and are already posted all over the internet.

Matt

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
You obviously don't know anything then, as many other people have pointed out, those freqs have been around for many years.
I don't think you'd appreciate anyone coming up to you and talking like that so how about chilling out.

Folks, DEA operating in the Southeast is the topic. And as a reminder, please do not discuss on-going ops.

mancow

Database Admin
I think your channel lineup may be incorrect. That is, unless they differ by region.

mbstone99

Premium Subscriber
Dea

I think your channel lineup may be incorrect. That is, unless they differ by region.

From what I thought they where pretty much the same across the board, frequency and channel number, no matter where you are. Just the actual usuage might be different from location to location.

Matt

zguy1243

I have had a few conversations with a few guys in the Atlanta area about the clear comms. Its good not to post specific details. They are a little more on edge than usual about security of communications. I know the DEA stuff has been on scanner frequency lists for years in certain areas of the internet. I have noticed that when a topic hits a RR thread it is the first Google search result without fail. The old lists of fed freqs were no where near as public on the net as RR topics are. Don't get me wrong, I love to listen to all this stuff, I would just hate for us all to spoil it for ourselves.

Last edited:

diskmonger

I don't think you'd appreciate anyone coming up to you and talking like that so how about chilling out.

Folks, DEA operating in the Southeast is the topic. And as a reminder, please do not discuss on-going ops.

Sorry Wayne but I don't think the comment was particularly rude. The guy made a comment about how the info should not be posted. The poster gave no real specific information about what or where the DEA was operating or what they were doing. I believe his intent was to tell people not to post the frequency information. If you would like to correct people on being rude in the forums, please visit the Michigan section and take a look at Rdale's postings.

There are numerous threads on RR about federal frequencies, the PL's they use, and the NACS people have recorded. I thought that is what the website was about, to share the information.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
As a reminder, please take moderator action comments to PM. No need to litter a thread afterward.

diskmonger

The DEA generally uses the same freqs in a lot of areas, here is my listing for Michigan and the channel scheme could be the same for Alabama:

418.625 156.7PL F-1
418.900 156.7PL F-2
418.750 156.7PL F-3 *
418.675 156.7PL F-4 *
418.825 156.7PL F-5
418.950 156.7PL F-6
418.975 156.7PL F-7 / F-8 *

I've logged activity on the 3 freqs with "*" as recently as December & January. They also have a few talkgroups on the MPSCS system here in Michigan, generally encrypted almost 100% of the time. The analog stuff in the UHF band is always in the clear.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Federal frequencies

Not sure what all the hoop-la is. Comments about posting federal frequencies are a bit strange. Have they ever looked at the federal frequency listing here on RR? Many are posted already. in 1994 James Tunnel and Robert Kelty published a great book "The master Frequency File" It lists about every federal frequency known to man. That and the fact that Monitoring Times has published this information for years and it's been on the net 15 or more years and has always been pretty easy to find.

The feds have had encryption for many years and if they choose to use it they do. I think common sense should rule here.

It is a federal offence to repeat the details of what you heard to another person that was not present to the conversation. posting a frequency isn't and isn't that what this site is all about?

Pretty lame if post I heard this secret frequency I can't tell you ablut but it was really cool.

As Jeff points out the DEA stuff is well known and the PL they use is common for them. Most agencies pop over to Nextel if they don't want you to listen.

Many agencies here in Michigan are changing over to P25 and encrypting or are on the MPSCS P25 Trunked System and encrypted.

Les

zguy1243

Not sure what all the hoop-la is. Comments about posting federal frequencies are a bit strange. Have they ever looked at the federal frequency listing here on RR? Many are posted already. in 1994 James Tunnel and Robert Kelty published a great book "The master Frequency File" It lists about every federal frequency known to man. That and the fact that Monitoring Times has published this information for years and it's been on the net 15 or more years and has always been pretty easy to find.

The feds have had encryption for many years and if they choose to use it they do. I think common sense should rule here.

It is a federal offence to repeat the details of what you heard to another person that was not present to the conversation. posting a frequency isn't and isn't that what this site is all about?

Pretty lame if post I heard this secret frequency I can't tell you ablut but it was really cool.

As Jeff points out the DEA stuff is well known and the PL they use is common for them. Most agencies pop over to Nextel if they don't want you to listen.

Many agencies here in Michigan are changing over to P25 and encrypting or are on the MPSCS P25 Trunked System and encrypted.

Les

Its interesting. I have talked to a few of the voices you may have heard behind the mic on these frequencies we are talking about, most all of them believe that no one can listen to them for one reason or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.