NAC Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLAB

How are Federal NAC codes entered into a scanner ? When the format is N167 or N94C do you just drop the text and enter the numbers ?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
How are Federal NAC codes entered into a scanner ? When the format is N167 or N94C do you just drop the text and enter the numbers ?

No, the letters A thru F are just as important as the numbers!

On the GRE radios you will enter the letters as you would enter the channel name using the multi-function keys on the keyboard. On the Uniden radios you will scroll through the letters and numbers and select what you want to enter as a NAC value.

- Chris

ecps92

You will find the NAC formats will vary, from source to source.

NAC A5C
NA5C
$A5C

are all the same "NAC" and "N" and "$" can all be dropped, but the NAC is 3 Characters in lenght

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
You will find the NAC formats will vary, from source to source.

NAC A5C
NA5C
$A5C

are all the same "NAC" and "N" and "$" can all be dropped, but the NAC is 3 Characters in lenght

Thanks Bill. I forgot about mentioning the N or $ at the beginning not being part of the NAC.

- Chris

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Team work :)

Warm up yet from NYC?

Not much - had to go to Washington DC for a couple days and it was even colder there!

Speaking of federal NACs, I have not found the answer to this basic question yet. Do the P-25 radios allow any NAC from 000 to FFF or are there only certain defined NACs available for use?

- Chris

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Not much - had to go to Washington DC for a couple days and it was even colder there!

Speaking of federal NACs, I have not found the answer to this basic question yet. Do the P-25 radios allow any NAC from 000 to FFF or are there only certain defined NACs available for use?

- Chris

Chris, I am not sure this is the answer you are looking for, but the Motorola XTS5000 and the XTL5000 allows the programmer to use any NAC from 000 to FFF and all letters and numbers in between.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
Chris, I am not sure this is the answer you are looking for, but the Motorola XTS5000 and the XTL5000 allows the programmer to use any NAC from 000 to FFF and all letters and numbers in between.

That;s the answer I was looking for. Thanks signal500!

- Chris

nd5y

This is from page 25 of the Daniels Electronics P25 Training Guide

The following NAC codes have specific functions:
$293 specified as the default NAC value.
$F7E a receiver set for NAC $F7E will unsquelch on any incoming NAC.
$F7F a repeater receiver set for NAC $F7F will allow all incoming signals to be repeated with the NAC intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.