Old Covert Transmitting Device I found today!-What is it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I have found in a closet at work a Motorola Transmitting device about the size of a bearcat 245xlt handheld scanner. with a flesh colored microphone with a push button on the mic. Sotra like an old SS undercover mike. I opened the gadget up and its aged on the inside but stamped in it is F1 169.025 and F2 168.975, It used batteries looking like A oir F cells to power it. the antenna appears to be either the metal back where the belt clip is or the braid of the mic cable. Its the same type of plastiuc molding that a HT200 was made on in the 1960s. I suspect its a undercover transmitter of some sort... Any one has any more ideas on who used this......

Astro25

Someone just posted a picture of something similar to what you are describing on Batlabs not too long ago. You may want to check over there and see if that's it.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Its an old body mic, sounds like a very old one.
Now law enforcement is using the tiniest body transmitters you could imagine, digital and extremely expensive. My agency just got 4 at 22k a piece. I just built a custom antenna for one last week. The range and clarity is amazing for something the size of a small book of matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.