Boston Area 418.8750

Status
Not open for further replies.

kennyblues

In the Boston area, DEA CH 10 - 418.8750 has been broadcasting what sounds like trunking tones all day, signal strength appears pretty constant. I remember some time ago something like this happening and it was thought to be some kind of propagation tones to gauge signal coverage. There are no PL or NAC tones and no ability for me to run a Trunker Program on it. I also do not believe it to be an image freq as I am quite far away from any 800/900 MHz transmitters.

SCPD

QRT
In the Boston area, DEA CH 10 - 418.8750 has been broadcasting what sounds like trunking tones all day, signal strength appears pretty constant. I remember some time ago something like this happening and it was thought to be some kind of propagation tones to gauge signal coverage. There are no PL or NAC tones and no ability for me to run a Trunker Program on it. I also do not believe it to be an image freq as I am quite far away from any 800/900 MHz transmitters.

Are you sure its not encrypted traffic thats being passed on the freq?

kennyblues

NO it is not encrypted traffic, it is a constant signal that sounds like a Motorola control channel trunking signal. This is still ongoing.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
March 4 2010 - I also hear the constant data type noise on 418.875 - still going strong - Peter Sz

Status
Not open for further replies.