Looking for USFS frequencies for the Alegheny National Forest

Status
Not open for further replies.

wb3igm

Looking for USFS frequencies for the Allegheny National Forest. I know of 151.525. That is a repeater output. I am looking for the repeater inputs, mobile to mobile, and other specialty frequencies that would be used in the forest. I have searched and scanned for quite a while and have not been able to find such frequencies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
I think historically Allegheny National Forest had freqs at 164 Mhz and 170 Mhz. Maybe 170.525 170.55 170.575 IIRC. I think they had 3 repeater output channels - one for each section of the Forest.

Allegheny Natl Forest is a federal agency. That 151 Mhz freq is probably the State forestry dept.

Peter Sz

trace1

Known USFS freqs. used here in Alabama are 168.725MHz (duplex/repeater) and 169.900MHz (simplex), may want to search these or freqs. in close proximity.

Good luck, it is always cool to find new things to hear!

ecps92

151 Mhz would be as State or Local Govt frequency not a Federal.

Try here in the RR DB

Looking for USFS frequencies for the Allegheny National Forest. I know of 151.525. That is a repeater output. I am looking for the repeater inputs, mobile to mobile, and other specialty frequencies that would be used in the forest. I have searched and scanned for quite a while and have not been able to find such frequencies.

aprswatcher

Premium Subscriber
Allegheny Nat'l Forest

This is what I have listed from an old copy of "Federal Government Frequency Assignments" book
as with alot of the "non essential" ie not high priority, government agencies these are probably still good or will at least give you an area to search.

171.525 repeater

Hope this helps out.
73, Rex

SCPD

QRT
I have a 13 year old official frequency guide for the entire country listing wildland fire/natural resource agencies. The Alleghany NF listing shows:

simplex/rpt output // rpt input

171.525 170.575 Bradford Ranger District
Jake's Rock Rpt

171.525 170.550 Ridgeway Ranger District
Highland Corner

171.525 170.525 Sheffield Ranger District
Wheeler Lookout

171.525 171.525 Marienville Ranger District
Simplex

These repeaters are shown with no tones as they use different input frequencies to avoid simultaneous repeater use.

There have been many changes since this frequency guide was issued. They may be using different narrow band frequencies or they might be using the same simplex/repeater output frequencies with new narrow band input(s). It is likely that the repeaters now have one input frequency and tone control. They may have added additional repeaters in the last 13 years as so many National Forests have added repeaters for better coverage. That is what I have seen happen here in the western U.S.

I hope this helps.

ecps92

Looks like the same pairs as the White Mtns National forest in NH/ME :)

Smokey, do you have any New England info to share, and the rest of us can work on Confirming PL's. :lol:

I have a 13 year old official frequency guide for the entire country listing wildland fire/natural resource agencies. The Alleghany NF listing shows:

simplex/rpt output // rpt input

171.525 170.575 Bradford Ranger District
Jake's Rock Rpt

171.525 170.550 Ridgeway Ranger District
Highland Corner

171.525 170.525 Sheffield Ranger District
Wheeler Lookout

171.525 171.525 Marienville Ranger District
Simplex

These repeaters are shown with no tones as they use different input frequencies to avoid simultaneous repeater use.

There have been many changes since this frequency guide was issued. They may be using different narrow band frequencies or they might be using the same simplex/repeater output frequencies with new narrow band input(s). It is likely that the repeaters now have one input frequency and tone control. They may have added additional repeaters in the last 13 years as so many National Forests have added repeaters for better coverage. That is what I have seen happen here in the western U.S.

I hope this helps.

ecps92

Found an updated list of the Allegheny NF Repeaters, but no Freq/Tones

Anyone get over-the-air tones since 2010 ??
The RR DB indicates P25 now http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?inputs=1&aid=4657

Repeater sites are now

Highland Corner
Jakes Rock
Wheeler Lookout
Milford
Seneca Tower
Watson
Tionesta

Looks like the same pairs as the White Mtns National forest in NH/ME :)

Smokey, do you have any New England info to share, and the rest of us can work on Confirming PL's. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.