38.3500 mhz,156.7hz & 38.4300mhz,156.7hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

gvranchosbill

"VHF Low Band Skip" Yesterday 06/26/2010 at 12:10pst searching Vhf low Band came across only 3 active frequency's 2 of them were 38.3500mhz & 38.4300mhz both 156.7ctcss+encrypted part time.

"Trying to find out is where they were originating from and what agency they were"

38.3500mhz was part time encrypted so i was able to record audio for my reviewing tof the fact's to ask these question's. (Recording is now Erased)

They were talking about sonar reading's (Bar's on Sonar Screen) & (Dolphin's) there were at least 3 talking on this freq, 1 fully encrypted and other 2 analog (Simplex) using type of language you would hear on C.B. radio + scientific talk (Mark's on 50kc) & (References to Bait and other "Junk" deep!) red bars on sonar, going to back track over same area just scanned to see if same reading's appear, cant separate fish from junk!

38.4300mhz/156.7ctcss was encrypted all the time but was just as busy as 38.3500mhz, same strength.

Both 38.xxxxmhz freqs listed in my outdated federal list indicate U.S.F.S. & U.S. dept of Agriculture.

The other signal i received was easy to identify (33.4200mhz/csq WQJW689 The City of Sammamish,WA)
FXO to 540 am/Sammamish City Advisory (Loop)

"I included this for reference purpose's".

I know somebody know's this one/first time i have ever heard them.

gvranchos@hotmail.com (South of Reno,NV)

gvranchosbill

I considered that, but the question is still about what federal agency was listening to that day.
I do have some skip info on my weekly findings on vhf low and i also have more loggings
of transmissions on federal portions of vhf low.
Let me sort it all out and go from there, the skip all seems to be coming in from southern calif &
washington state so far that i can confirm.
gvbill

Viper43

The military has been using dolphins for locating underwater explosives in harbors and so forth, any chance this is what you could have heard?

Just a thought.....

V

gvranchosbill

Its possible i will have to think about it since i dont have recording anymore,But i can tell you that they were using (Rolling Code Inversion) encryption & that dolphins were mentioned but they appeared to not react to them as important, but something was being sought with some comms encrypted,lowband skip that week was north & south (Washington,So California) that i was picking up (CHP-San Diego,L.A.) a few days later.
I will scan those freqs again during the times noted and see if i get more comms.
bill

Status
Not open for further replies.