Former First Lady Security ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Former first lady, Laura Bush, is coming to Columbus Ga. to talk at a forum for 3 days. Does anyone know who will be protecting her; USSS, FBI, GBI, and some freq. I can use in my scanner.

N8IAA

Former first lady, Laura Bush, is coming to Columbus Ga. to talk at a forum for 3 days. Does anyone know who will be protecting her; USSS, FBI, GBI, and some freq. I can use in my scanner.

Have you Googled for those agencies and their frequencies? Have you looked here in this forum? Lot's of info at your finger tips. The most and best fun of this hobby is the hunt:)
Larry

SCPD

QRT
The most and best fun of this hobby is the hunt:)Larry

For some people, maybe, but definitely not me. I started off in this hobby around 1969 with an off brand AM/FM/VHF-High tunable portable radio. Once I found LAPD TAC-1 at 154.83 MHz, I rarely retuned the radio, since I could pick up all the "hotshot" calls. It was like listening to "ADAM-12" in real life. Then I moved over to a tunable Realistic Patrolman 4 AM/FM/VHF High-Low portable, which allowed me to tune into my local police and fire on the low band. Again, I would only tune between two frequencies which I marked on my radio with a red grease pencil. Then, when my local police moved to UHF I graduated to a Regency ACT-R-106 10-channel crystal-controlled scanner. It wasn't until probably the early-1980s that I got my first programmable scanner. Even now, with my Radio Shack PRO-97, I only have about 300 of 1000 channels programmed, and I rarely run a search of the different banks to try to pick up new frequencies. I leave it up to you more inquisitive folks to do the searching for me and post your findings on Radio Reference. :)

Dave
KA6TJF

code3cowboy

Secret Service is the lead, but different of people will be around under the auspices of Administratively Uncontrollable Overtime.

reedeb

For some people, maybe, but definitely not me. I started off in this hobby around 1969 with an off brand AM/FM/VHF-High tunable portable radio. Once I found LAPD TAC-1 at 154.83 MHz, I rarely retuned the radio, since I could pick up all the "hotshot" calls. It was like listening to "ADAM-12" in real life. Then I moved over to a tunable Realistic Patrolman 4 AM/FM/VHF High-Low portable, which allowed me to tune into my local police and fire on the low band. Again, I would only tune between two frequencies which I marked on my radio with a red grease pencil. Then, when my local police moved to UHF I graduated to a Regency ACT-R-106 10-channel crystal-controlled scanner. It wasn't until probably the early-1980s that I got my first programmable scanner. Even now, with my Radio Shack PRO-97, I only have about 300 of 1000 channels programmed, and I rarely run a search of the different banks to try to pick up new frequencies. I leave it up to you more inquisitive folks to do the searching for me and post your findings on Radio Reference. :)

Dave
KA6TJF

Tsk, tsk, tsk, Lazy!!

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Dave
KA6TJF

If you ever decide to use the search feature on your pro-97 you will say WOW! :eek:
Then you'll be telling US what you found!
n9zas

First Lady United States Secret Service

Today, the Secret Service is authorized by law to protect:

* The president, the vice president, (or other individuals next in order of succession to the Office of the President), the president-elect and vice president-elect
* The immediate families of the above individuals
* Former presidents and their spouses for their lifetimes, except when the spouse remarries. In 1997, Congressional legislation became effective limiting Secret Service protection to former presidents for a period of not more than 10 years from the date the former president leaves office
* Children of former presidents until age 16
* Visiting heads of foreign states or governments and their spouses traveling with them, other distinguished foreign visitors to the United States, and official representatives of the United States performing special missions abroad
* Major presidential and vice presidential candidates, and their spouses within 120 days of a general presidential election
* Other individuals as designated per Executive Order of the President
* National Special Security Events, when designated as such by the Secretary of the Department of Homeland Security

SCPD

QRT
If you ever decide to use the search feature on your pro-97 you will say WOW! :eek:
Then you'll be telling US what you found!
n9zas

Actually, I have and it's a big YAWN. Like I said, I'd rather you guys do it for me, post it to the RR boards, then I can decide if I want to plug it into my scanner or not. After 40 years of doing this, there's nothing I haven't heard before over the public airwaves and I'm just not into searching for those "secret frequencies" anymore. I kinda long for the old days of my crystal controlled scanner with only 10 channels. I could listen to my local PD and FD, and maybe some surrounding agencies, and not have to worry about anything else. There is such a thing as too much of a good thing, and keeping track of 1000 channels is one of them.

Dave
KA6TJF

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for everones input . I just did not know who protected former first ladys. I have a file of USSS
freqs. that I made from the Wiki info and I will try those and report back what I hear.

ff-medic

Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.

Here is a list of freqs.

Freq Of Nature Secret Service.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doubt if you hear it though : Advanced Encryption Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The lives of the agents / support personnel, are just as much as risk as the Presidents. Bad guy ,
bombing , NBC / BIO atttack...ect. OPSEC ( Operational Security ) is just as much alive with the agents as the President. Security is paramount. Doubt if you hear anything...or much of anything.

I would also believe that freqs, as well as encryption changes often. If you google, ask jeeves...or use anyother search engine....you are going to get different freqs. Maybe in teh days leading up to his initial appearance you might get something. Good Luck.

FF-Medic !!!!

puzzleriddle

Here is a list of freqs.

Freq Of Nature Secret Service.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Doubt if you hear it though : Advanced Encryption Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The lives of the agents / support personnel, are just as much as risk as the Presidents. Bad guy ,
bombing , NBC / BIO atttack...ect. OPSEC ( Operational Security ) is just as much alive with the agents as the President. Security is paramount. Doubt if you hear anything...or much of anything.

I would also believe that freqs, as well as encryption changes often. If you google, ask jeeves...or use anyother search engine....you are going to get different freqs. Maybe in teh days leading up to his initial appearance you might get something. Good Luck.

FF-Medic !!!!

whats all this have to with the original post??? I suggest you read it again closely??

ff-medic

Banned
The Appalachians - Next to the tent and campfire.
whats all this have to with the original post??? I suggest you read it again closely??

Quote =
"Former first lady, Laura Bush, is coming to Columbus Ga. to talk at a forum for 3 days. Does anyone know who will be protecting her; USSS, FBI, GBI, and some freq. I can use in my scanner"

He said " And some freq ". So..I posted a link to freqs.

I posted a link to some freqs ( like I said, are prob changed from time to time...along with the encryption ). And I posted info about AES encryption, cause more than likely....his comment " I can use my scanner." is not exactly truthful...unless all all he wants to hear is static.

I am an adult male. Prior Service, with Commo experience. I am in public safety...AND I have been
since 1993...AND everything I know, have access to...I will not post on the internet / discussion boards.

It was a simple answer, as well as some intelligable insight..for some info, that maybe he did not have.
It seems everyone has an answer, knows everything...Knows Special Agents and conspiracy people , who have answers, or are in the loop. Alot of people think that they are experts, or all-mighty knowledgable.

My answer again, was mature, Intelligent insight ; on knowledge that I have ; and to aid in preventing
any complications or problems with his scanning endevor. And...I will not debate any further. And I did not know I had to explain / prove myself to you. Your reasoning / status for correcting me is what?

FF-Medic !!!

joejo95

Premium Subscriber
Heard 164.6500 P25( Tango) in the clear early this morning and then it started showing up as ENC.
I have heard more from the Iron Centers Security freq. ,were she is going to talk, than any other freq.
They had to give a secret service agent one of there radios and were told that he was in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.