172.475???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc402002

Hi Group, I live in Newbern,TN about 80 miles north of Memphis. I have been hearing traffic on 172.475 Mhz. It is apparently simplex and it sounds like it might be traffic from one of the state parks around my area. Does anyone have any info. on who I might be hearing???

Thanks........

Hi Group, I live in Newbern,TN about 80 miles north of Memphis. I have been hearing traffic on 172.475 Mhz. It is apparently simplex and it sounds like it might be traffic from one of the state parks around my area. Does anyone have any info. on who I might be hearing???

Thanks........

172.47500 RM 103.5 PL TVA-Rsvlt Mt Police (Roosevelt Mountain) FM Federal

heres a database from rr for Federal. http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=2063

Last edited:

kc402002

That's possible, found 114.8 pl tone on that freq. I'll keep listening, maybe I'll finally confirm who I'm hearing.
Thanks........

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Sorry, but wrong end of the state to hear that...

Not really. TVA has facilities on that end of TN and southwestern KY. Its very possible that the traffic you are hearing could be TVA. 172.475 is their primary Police freq in eastern TN. Monitor the traffic and see if they are by chance communicating with a solid number. Like the northeast TN units always talk to "200".

kc402002

I may have found what I have been hearing on 172.475 Mhz, 114.8 hz pl. I searched Wikipedia for TVA and found they had a map of TVA facilities statewide. It turns out that TVA has a fosil fuel facility at Brownsville TN. If I'm a betting man, I'm going to lay odds that this is what I've been hearing.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Cool find. Im almost positive that the 172.475 is common for TVA Police use. Just different repeaters with different PLs. Have you heard enough traffic to tell who the units are talking to? Like in east TN the field units talk to "200" which is their main dispatch facility. Try monitoring 166.950. If you can catch any comms on that its their input freq. Check out more VHF Fed band, you might catch some more TVA comms too.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Also, if your positive thats TVA then submit it under the State/Federal section and i'll add it to the Datebase.

Status
Not open for further replies.