CBP Net 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
On Thursday Sept 2nd on CBP Net 1 165.2375 PL 100.0 a radio technician came on the air and said that his message was the last of any analog transmissions and that from there on out all transmissions would be digital. And since that time I have only heard digital transmissions, I have not caught a NAC as I still have my scanner to receive both analog and digital transmissions.

Just an FYI

mhzscan

On Thursday Sept 2nd on CBP Net 1 165.2375 PL 100.0 a radio technician came on the air and said that his message was the last of any analog transmissions and that from there on out all transmissions would be digital. And since that time I have only heard digital transmissions, I have not caught a NAC as I still have my scanner to receive both analog and digital transmissions.

Just an FYI

That's interesting, I also caught a similar transmission that same day in the evening from here in east central Florida. However this was TX'd on NET 16 (164.775), it was an X-Ray unit calling the Orlando communications tech. I believe he had received a message to come up on the air and do some testing. The communications technician sounded a bit confused and stated that X-Ray had somehow been patched to the Oroville station (Washington state). The tech mentioned that he would assist the X-Ray unit with testing the digital channels. After a couple of minutes of silence, the X-ray unit came back up and indicated he was having problems figuring out which was the digital radio. I guess they got it working because after that it was all silent.

Are they using the same frequencies using p25 or do they have new frequencies assigned?

ECHO3

FWIW: The CBP air units 1-5 have been digital with a NAC of 293 for some time, so I wouldn't be surprised if the base, portable and mobile units move to digital. The air units retained their analog fqs. but I don't know if the analog NET fqs will remain as is or if they will use the same NAC.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin

Just an FYI

Caught some encrypted comms the other day with a 301 NAC.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I just got back from Niagara falls and while up there heard traffic on NET 1 w/NAC 301. I heard traffic on several CPB NET channels while up there and they were all NAC 301.

ecps92

NET-1 uses 100.0 Hz
DNET-1 uses $301

The only changes to CBP channels is the change from Analog / PL to Digital / NAC's. Most of CBP will be $301, but there are a few exceptions that need to be listened for.

I think they are going to use the same frequency for CBP Net 1, but I cannot be sure I have not heard anything.

Dispatcher308

Premium Subscriber
I have confirmed the NAC 301 for the Net as everyone else has made known. It sounds really good and strong outside of the Baltimore Metro area just as the analog signal sounded.

SOFA_KING

That's interesting, I also caught a similar transmission that same day in the evening from here in east central Florida. However this was TX'd on NET 16 (164.775), it was an X-Ray unit calling the Orlando communications tech. I believe he had received a message to come up on the air and do some testing. The communications technician sounded a bit confused and stated that X-Ray had somehow been patched to the Oroville station (Washington state). The tech mentioned that he would assist the X-Ray unit with testing the digital channels. After a couple of minutes of silence, the X-ray unit came back up and indicated he was having problems figuring out which was the digital radio. I guess they got it working because after that it was all silent.

Are they using the same frequencies using p25 or do they have new frequencies assigned?

I hear DNET 1 (R) being tested in Orlando every time I am in the area. They actually say "testing". It is belching data every couple of minutes like my BATFE and USSS repeaters do. So far I have not heard Charlie 100 on it. So what does this mean? NET 1 analog is still very active in all parts of the state (N, S, W), but I only hear CPB digital base equipment in Orlando and some limited mobile simplex. 164.9625 TAC 21 simplex is still active in all of FL, and I now hear P25 $301 on that as well.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
For the past few months since CBP NET 1 switched to digital in New York City area, I have heard a lot less voice comms on the frequency. I do hear the "pings" every once in a while, but much less voice stuff than analog days.

I just did a drive from Bangor, Maine to NYC this past weekend, and I only heard P25 pings all the way on NET 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.