TVA tower locations???

Status
Not open for further replies.

kc402002

Can someone tell me where TVA police dispatch is located and where their various radio transmission towers are located???

Thanks........

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Each region has one central dispatch. There is a Wiki section under federal monitoring.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/index.php/TVA_Tennessee_Valley_Authority

East TN units radio to "200" which i'm sure is in Knoxville. Their comms are linked so that the whole region hears the same traffic on all towers. Id like to find out more myself.

I'm surprised that they are still analog / conventional on Police Comms.

kc402002

I live in Newbern, TN which is in NW Tennessee. I the TVA police on 172.475 pl 114.8 with a strong signal but not quite a full quieting signal. I also hear them on 168.225 pl 123.0 simulcast in which that signal is not as strong. I'm using an old Uniden BC780xlt connected to a Tram dual-band VHF/UHF mobile ant. mounted about 30ft. using a base conversion kit with RG-6 coax. I hear dispatch "200" and also hear units checking in around the state. I've heard units in Gatlinburg, Chattanooga, locations in middle TN and in western KY. Are all these towers simulcast??? I also am using a GRE Psr-500 portable connected to a 5db gain ant. to hear various trunked systems around the area, and have a Radio Shack Pro-197 in the car. Hopefully with the help of everyone on the forum, we'll get some good info. on the TVA police and tower locations.

KNBL270

KC,

What frequency,tone have you heard in W Ky, I am in Murray and would like to listen to TVA around here.

KNBL270

kc402002

I'm hearing 168.225 pl 123.0 located somewhere around (I suspect) Land Between the Lakes. Also hearing 172.475 pl 114.8 I suspect somewhere in the eastern part of W TN. These repeaters are simulcast, I'm thinking you should be able to receive the 168 freq in Murray. Just to clarify, the 168 freq is listed as a Land Between the Lakes freq in the database, but is difinitely used by TVA.

Status
Not open for further replies.