DFW DEA Repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

w5lsi

I can confirm that the DEA UHF Analog Legacy repeaters are no longer active.

Last edited:

w5lsi

I have a friend that is on the HIDTA TF with a radio that has the old analog and new channels. The old analog channels do not key the repeaters anymore.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
Nice To Know Inside People

I have a friend that is on the HIDTA TF with a radio that has the old analog and new channels. The old analog channels do not key the repeaters anymore.

Thanks. I once had a fellow Tae Kwon Do athlete who was a DEA agent in Houston, Texas. The DEA Administrator gave our Dojang his blessing with some plaque.

The 7th Degree Black Belt who ran the place introduced me to Barney Fife, DEA agent. They knew I worked in the prison system; therefore, I guess he trusted me with his sensitive information. Mind you, this was in the late 1980's when Houston DEA was actively using UHF frequencies in the clear.

The agent took me out to his vehicle, an older model, & popped the trunk. He showed me his two radios in the trunk. What really surprised me was when he pulled out two bank bags to show me his two identifications with the same picture, passport, etc. I thought this was rather "new boot" of him.

Later, he was sent to Columbia. I think this was a decision to get him out of the Houston area.

Then, we went to the front seat. He showed me the microphone which resembled one of those Mark IV CB microphones that had red LED illumination in the microphone with the CB channels. I never got a look at the channels on his mike.

Thanks for the great information. Did you notice if the DEA was using the national NAC of 156?

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
How about telling us what the NEW channelization (or frequencies) are??. Seems if you could confirm the old ones are out of use, you could provide the new ones. ;) Personally, I will contribute 413.975 NAC 156. I have only heard this active very briefly one time, however, I did not get a channel ID.

ecps92

Even just Zones and Alpha tags is a start :wink:

How about telling us what the NEW channelization (or frequencies) are??. Seems if you could confirm the old ones are out of use, you could provide the new ones. ;) Personally, I will contribute 413.975 NAC 156. I have only heard this active very briefly one time, however, I did not get a channel ID.

mcdogg

Every once and awhile around here, I'll get a plate check on 156.7 with HQ in the clear. I've also heard non DEA related comms on DEA-1/156.7 again CL.

mancow

Database Admin
It sounds like it was a dual deck Spectra SIU setup (110 watt Vhf and 110 watt Uhf range 1 decks) with two ASN secure boxes. They are a nightmare to program and are about 50 lbs of stuff when all put together.

Thanks. I once had a fellow Tae Kwon Do athlete who was a DEA agent in Houston, Texas. The DEA Administrator gave our Dojang his blessing with some plaque.

The 7th Degree Black Belt who ran the place introduced me to Barney Fife, DEA agent. They knew I worked in the prison system; therefore, I guess he trusted me with his sensitive information. Mind you, this was in the late 1980's when Houston DEA was actively using UHF frequencies in the clear.

The agent took me out to his vehicle, an older model, & popped the trunk. He showed me his two radios in the trunk. What really surprised me was when he pulled out two bank bags to show me his two identifications with the same picture, passport, etc. I thought this was rather "new boot" of him.

Later, he was sent to Columbia. I think this was a decision to get him out of the Houston area.

Then, we went to the front seat. He showed me the microphone which resembled one of those Mark IV CB microphones that had red LED illumination in the microphone with the CB channels. I never got a look at the channels on his mike.

Thanks for the great information. Did you notice if the DEA was using the national NAC of 156?

Squad10

It sounds like it was a dual deck Spectra SIU setup (110 watt Vhf and 110 watt Uhf range 1 decks) with two ASN secure boxes. They are a nightmare to program and are about 50 lbs of stuff when all put together.

And the STI-Co dual-band antenna coupler had the tendency to produce flames during TX.

mancow

Database Admin
I never had an issue with the Sti-Co coupler. Flames!!!? I figured they were pretty well made, at least they appeared to be.

mcdogg

Yup, but the analog repeaters are still active for sure. Sometimes I'll get an analog key up a minute or two before/during P25 traffic on the area freq's. I'm not sure if its a coincidence or not though.

ecps92

YMMV - but for New England

Step 1 was to remove the Analog Rptrs and install Dual Mode Rptrs, till all Agents got P25 Radios

Step 2 migrate to All P25 usage, since all Agents and MSP/Local Liason Officers have P25 Radios
Yes Rptrs are still dual mode and subject to falsing

Step 3 will be conform to UHF Band Plan 406-410 Rptrs / 415-420 inputs

Yup, but the analog repeaters are still active for sure. Sometimes I'll get an analog key up a minute or two before/during P25 traffic on the area freq's. I'm not sure if its a coincidence or not though.

Status
Not open for further replies.