DEA for Peoria IL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello I was wondering what the DEA freq for Peoria is. I listened to the 418.900 listed in the database and heard nothing. Could you help me find the freqs for Peoria? Thank you.

Squad10

All I can offer you is a clue. Chicago DEA has been using about a dozen P25 NAC156 VHF high-band frequencies, almost all traffic is encrypted. I suggest you search the 169 - 171 mHz range in CSQ mode. As listed in RR database, the Chicago analog UHF fixed station equipment is still in place, very rarely used.

Thank you for replying. The only DEA VHF freqs I saw were the Wireless Microphones. I have never listen to these ever. Do you think there would be some P25 traffic on these?

Astro25

I still occasionally hear air-to-ground traffic on 418.625 analog, TPL 156.7 (I'm in the northern Chicago suburbs - Lake Co.)

ecps92

What specific VHF channels ?? for Chicago
I've only seen public reports from Texas of the VHF

All I can offer you is a clue. Chicago DEA has been using about a dozen P25 NAC156 VHF high-band frequencies, almost all traffic is encrypted. I suggest you search the 169 - 171 mHz range in CSQ mode. As listed in RR database, the Chicago analog UHF fixed station equipment is still in place, very rarely used.

Status
Not open for further replies.