unknown 172.2900

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I have not logged it in the Philadelphia area, but all my previous encounters with 172.2875 MHz have been the FBI with a NAC of N167 in multiple areas...

- Chris

bailly2

re:unknown 172.29

please don't post this frequency to the radioreference database or wiki, i would hate to see it go encrypted. in fact, could you delete this whole forum post please?

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
unknown 172.2875

This frequency was discussed back in February, 2010:

Looks like 172.2875 $167 is related to the FBI based on a new tone observed, and a radio check heard on it based out of Newark. Maybe has multiple NAC's for different uses??

Also, I've noticed that the FBI Newark Base radio checks vary now by time, but mostly based around the :15 & :45 past the hour still.

ecps92

Which is why folks are generally taught/helped with Do Not Post actival Surv info, however apparently you want to loose the entire opportunity to Grow the monitoring of Feds by asking for the thread to be deleted ? Not.

36 posts ? :) :( :)

please don't post this frequency to the radioreference database or wiki, i would hate to see it go encrypted. in fact, could you delete this whole forum post please?

bailly2

re:unknown 172.29

its a strong signal 10 miles north of trenton, nj, can pick it up with a 1 inch antenna. alot of talkaround usage, mostly referred to as charlie 1, sometimes F1. its been used from north philadelphia.

ecps92

What you will find on Wide-Area Federal Systems is that they have multiple Repeater sites with a common input frequency. This allows them to cover larger Areas, as such from a scanner perspective, you might be listening to a NNJ Operations, but hearing it on the Central NJ Rptr (since they are linked)

its a strong signal 10 miles north of trenton, nj, can pick it up with a 1 inch antenna. alot of talkaround usage, mostly referred to as charlie 1, sometimes F1. its been used from north philadelphia.

Status
Not open for further replies.