US Park Police Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

jryan3930

Premium Subscriber
The US park police NYFO at liberty and ellis islands are now operating on a vhf p25 channel. Does anyone have info on this?

jryan3930

Premium Subscriber
Thank you the rest of NYFO are using those listed channels however the officers assigned to liberty and ellis are on a p25 vhf channel that is not listed at the above page.

The US park police NYFO at liberty and ellis islands are now operating on a vhf p25 channel. Does anyone have info on this?

Its funny I am quoting myself but I forgot to add to my response. That information is a year old. You can listen and if you dont hear anything I would suggest searching on your scanner the Federal VHF band:162-174 MHz for the new freqs and NACS. And let us know if you found it :D.

ecps92

Those are the New (P25) Freqs and NAC's

Its funny I am quoting myself but I forgot to add to my response. That information is a year old. You can listen and if you dont hear anything I would suggest searching on your scanner the Federal VHF band:162-174 MHz for the new freqs and NACS. And let us know if you found it :D.

ecps92

Have you tried searching 162-174 ??

The ones listed are the only ones that I had heard during my travels

Thank you the rest of NYFO are using those listed channels however the officers assigned to liberty and ellis are on a p25 vhf channel that is not listed at the above page.

Last edited:

Richard

169.9875 NAC 4F9 was previously confirmed in use by the US Park Service for Liberty/Ellis Island. However, I haven't logged any activity on this frequency since January of this year which is strange since this frequency used to be very active.

I suspect that they may have moved to 169.6500 NAC 4F9 which is very active and where full time encryption is in use.

pro106import

Premium Subscriber
Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
169.9875 NAC 4F9 was previously confirmed in use by the US Park Service for Liberty/Ellis Island. However, I haven't logged any activity on this frequency since January of this year which is strange since this frequency used to be very active.

I suspect that they may have moved to 169.6500 NAC 4F9 which is very active and where full time encryption is in use.

I have been trying to ID that 169.500 for a long time now. Never heard a clear xmsn. Always encr. I bet you are right. That is who it is.

jryan3930

Premium Subscriber
None of our channels are encrypted. The park rangers use rx: 162.1625 4f9 tx169.9875 4f9. US Park Police switched to the above mentioned p25 vhf channel a few weeks ago.

KC2zZe

I'm sorry; it must be me missing something in the translation...perhaps I need to make my request clearer:

I understand that the Park Rangers are using 162.1625R ($4F9) on Liberty / Ellis Islands. Can anyone advise of the confirmed frequency/NAC used by the New York Field Office of the United States Park Police on Liberty / Ellis Islands?

SCPD

QRT
The Park Police at Golden Gate National Recreation Area use a trunked system that is provided by the Lawrence-Livermore National Laboratory. The frequencies used are in the 406-420 federal UHF band. Prior to becoming a subscriber on this system they used federal UHF frequencies both simplex and with repeaters. The NPS protection rangers used the old system and are on the new one and there are channels for maintenance, interpretation, admin and such.

I would not surprise me if the NPS converted to UHF or UHF trunked at some point at the very urban Gateway NRA. If radio traffic on VHF disappears or is reduced you should keep the UHF band in mind.

KB7MIB

None of our channels are encrypted. The park rangers use rx: 162.1625 4f9 tx: 169.9875 4f9.

US Park Police switched to the above mentioned p25 vhf channel a few weeks ago.

I read this as 162.1625 with a NAC of 4F9 is the above mentioned frequency.

jryan3930

Premium Subscriber
The park rangers are on 162.1625. USPP is on there own channel. By "the above mentioned" I mean the frequency I'm looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.