7.615MHz NRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
This is the post I typed up, and when I went to post it, eh, it said something about DNS error, and now my internet is giving trouble, as if, haha, okay lets not go there just yet..

"Not sure what trouble I'll get myself into by posting this, haha..

"7.615MHz NRC"

NRC = Nuclear Regulatory Commission

7.615MHz is the "Primary Nationwide Communication Frequency" and voice communications go on "Every night at 7pm MST" and its not encrypted.

A quick search of "7.615MHz NRC" on the web shows no results..

I don't have an SDR, or a radio that is capable of monitoring this frequency. If anyone would be willing to take a minute, and listen in to this around 7pm MST, and report back anything, that would be awesome.

Happy monitoring! 73."

ecps92

Civil Air Patrol
NRC = Channel Name

This is the post I typed up, and when I went to post it, eh, it said something about DNS error, and now my internet is giving trouble, as if, haha, okay lets not go there just yet..

"7.615MHz NRC"

7.615MHz is the "Primary Nationwide Communication Frequency" and voice communications go on "Every night at 7pm MST" and its not encrypted.

I don't have an SDR, or a radio that is capable of monitoring this frequency. If anyone would be willing to take a minute, and listen in to this around 7pm MST, and report back anything, that would be awesome.

Happy monitoring! 73."

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I took a listen out of curiosity. I've never heard any Civil Air Patrol activity before.

They had a directed net using upper sideband. Net control called different regions around the U.S.

There were a lot of check-ins from around the country. Net control used the call Tremblay 20. Other calls heard were Hillsender 3, Yellowbrick 120 and NorthCentral 41.

There was some traffic passed using 5 letter cypher groups.

ecps92

2.0050 US Civil Air Patrol NRA- NHQ Ch.001
4.4720 US Civil Air Patrol NRB- NHQ Ch.002
7.6150 US Civil Air Patrol NRC- NHQ Ch.003
14.9020 US Civil Air Patrol NRD- NHQ Ch.004

Each Region also has channels assigned, some are Voice, others ALE

"7.615MHz NRC"

Happy monitoring! 73."

Status
Not open for further replies.