Research Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gen2Alliven

Hello All,

In my attempt at carrying out research for a novel I am writing, I have come across a snag. Part of my novel deals in discussing the methods that the federal government or military would use in communicating with one another at specific locations. For instance, what type of systems would be involved for a remote location such as NORAD, Mount Weather, or other "sensitive" locations? During my research, I came across a system known as a very-small aperture terminals (VSAT), which I believe operates through a satellite link. I am clueless when it comes to communications, but I want my novel to be as authentic as possible without me making up some sort of communications system.

The idea is based on how a terrorist group might attempt to disrupt the communications of the government from a sensitive location such as Mount Weather. Would they attempt to target antennas? A central hub location? Satellite dishes? etc....

Any useful information would be very much appreciated! Thank you all in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.