USFS law enf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baker845

Does anyone have any word on what happened to USFS Law Enf ? They used to use 168.025 and now i haven't heard traffic on that freq in almost 4 months. I'm guessing the moved to new freq , but i haven't had any luck finding it.

ScanRite

Premium Subscriber
I can hear the Willamette NF repeater here in Central Oregon. A little weak, but I can hear them. The locals here in central Oregon have several repeaters, but for the most part they use Deschutes County trunk for all comms. Usually the 168.025 is a talk channel.

Baker845

I haven't heard any traffic here on there freq. I'm located on the coast in the Siuslaw NF area.

OregonScanner

Premium Subscriber
I can hear the Willamette NF repeater here in Central Oregon. A little weak, but I can hear them. The locals here in central Oregon have several repeaters, but for the most part they use Deschutes County trunk for all comms. Usually the 168.025 is a talk channel.

Siuslaw NF uses it (or used to) for LE dispatch. There are/were 5 repeaters: North (Hebo), South (Florence area), Central (Otter Crest?), East (Mary's Peak), and Windy (Winchester Bay).

Most traffic on 168.025 was Siuslaw NF but Willamette NF used the "East" repeater on Mary's Peak if they are in range of it otherwise they used the other WNF repeaters.

What PL are you getting? SNF used to use 136.5 PL on 168.025.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind to meet the new federal bandplan, all repeater outputs must be between 169.5125 to 173.9875. So there is constant change going on rigth now. Here in USFS region 5 radio frequencies are changing almost weekly.

DonnieDog

Database Admin Deluxe
Database Admin
Search the VHF fed range and see if you get anything new. Post results here in case they switch in other places.

Baker845

Just update, the freq has been changed. If anyone finds what it is let us know. I will do the same .

Baker845

usfs law enforcement question

Has usfs law enforcement changed to a new common freq? 168.025 has stopped being used in my area which is the Siuslaw NF. Does anyone know if they are changing to new common LE freq?

kf7yn

Here in N. Utah, Forest Service units sometimes show up on various Law talk groups on our statewide trunked system in addition to their VHF freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.