What Emission Types Have You Monitored On Federal Frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Probably many of us have listened to something federal on analog. Be it 162.400-162.550 for weather. APCO P25 is quite popular. There is even some DMR. What other modes, if any, have you heard on federal VHF/UHF frequencies? Is there any NXDN? I was actually somewhat surprised to hear that there is DMR on some federal frequencies, because I thought APCO P25 was supposed to be the federal digital modulation standard for VHF and UHF.

ecps92

AM
FM, NFM
P25
MotoTRBO - some VA's, Postal and FRB
SCADA and other forms of Telemetry
Tetra and NXDN - observed by bootleggers in town for a Road Race/Racing
Motorola Trunking, P25 Trunking, EDAC Trunking

Probably many of us have listened to something federal on analog. Be it 162.400-162.550 for weather. APCO P25 is quite popular. There is even some DMR. What other modes, if any, have you heard on federal VHF/UHF frequencies? Is there any NXDN? I was actually somewhat surprised to hear that there is DMR on some federal frequencies, because I thought APCO P25 was supposed to be the federal digital modulation standard for VHF and UHF.

spacellamaman

Charlotte Federal Reserve

AM
FM, NFM
P25
MotoTRBO - some VA's, Postal and FRB
SCADA and other forms of Telemetry
Tetra and NXDN - observed by bootleggers in town for a Road Race/Racing
Motorola Trunking, P25 Trunking, EDAC Trunking

little over a year ago(longer?) i had come across 410.4875 DCS205 being used in the Charlotte NC area. By the time I felt comfortable to report it as the Federal Reserve folks, they changed to..... it would now appear, MotoTRBO, as stated above. I have yet to get good at distinguishing by sound anything other than P25. It seems that while they still use that as the main frequency, after a transmission exchange occurs, which is usually hourly check-ins during the night, 406.6625 kicks off sorta like a vote-scan key up or whathaveyou. i once logged a 411.xxxx with a different DCS code that had been reported at least once as in use by FRB but never was present to hear any comms on it. these freqs are now locked out :)

so there ya go, i have been looking for a good excuse to share my obsolete knowledge to the world.

now i can leave this earthly plane/plain/playne content in my contribution to humanity.

except for a quick question:

"Tetra and NXDN - observed by bootleggers in town for a Road Race/Racing"

perhaps a little more info to clarify? unless i am reading this wrong, it sounds like there may be a unique story behind this.

ecps92

Doubt Vote Scan, but then it's just my opinion.

Likely one Freq is the Police and the other is the Maintenance
as is the common practice at most FRB's

See if you can ID who uses each of those two Freqs.

little over a year ago(longer?) i had come across 410.4875 DCS205 being used in the Charlotte NC area. By the time I felt comfortable to report it as the Federal Reserve folks, they changed to..... it would now appear, MotoTRBO, as stated above. I have yet to get good at distinguishing by sound anything other than P25. It seems that while they still use that as the main frequency, after a transmission exchange occurs, which is usually hourly check-ins during the night, 406.6625 kicks off sorta like a vote-scan key up or whathaveyou. i once logged a 411.xxxx with a different DCS code that had been reported at least once as in use by FRB but never was present to hear any comms on it. these freqs are now locked out :)

so there ya go, i have been looking for a good excuse to share my obsolete knowledge to the world.

now i can leave this earthly plane/plain/playne content in my contribution to humanity.

except for a quick question:

"Tetra and NXDN - observed by bootleggers in town for a Road Race/Racing"

perhaps a little more info to clarify? unless i am reading this wrong, it sounds like there may be a unique story behind this.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I have been spending some times this afternoon tuning around and it sounds like at least a couple of frequencies locally have gone DMR. So, for those near them with federal agencies using DMR, which seems to be the most common? Regular DMR, DT3, CAP, CON, or XPT? Also, have you ran across any DMR repeaters yet that only use Time Slot 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.