fema

Status
Not open for further replies.

bailly2

do they still use 138.225 or 141.875? or have they switch to 162-174 frequencies for nationwide primary? thanks

bailly2

wow. 340 views. no reply. the last time i see that 138.225 has been used is 2005. not sure if should enter it into the scanner

Hooligan

wow. 340 views. no reply. the last time i see that 138.225 has been used is 2005. not sure if should enter it into the scanner

Next time, I hope at least 50 people respond with educated guesses, moronic guesses & drunken guesses!

Does it somehow hurt you to just put the freqs-into your scanner, or do you have that new model that charges you $10 per frequency?

Spend more time on RR, and you'll realize it's WONDERFUL that 340 people viewed your post, knew that they didn't have anything helpful to contribute, and so they didn't respond.

wtp

with the new scanners

they get thousands of frequencies.
since i started listening i have vacuumed up frequencies.
i don't delete them.
even under the thunderbirds i have a 66 Mhz freq.
i never heard a thing there, but, maybe one day...
just like the folks that want the pl tone.
if it gets changed you get nothing.
i would leave it in, no matter what.

ecps92

Depends.
Yes and No
Answers could vary by Region, State, CONUS, OCONUS, US&P :cool:

a Location of "Suburban Hell" doesn't exactly help anyone to narrow down where you are on the Planet Earth :roll:

Some Frequencies got eliminated as they belong to the MIL, others added.

And only monitoring will Tell, when the Big One hits. As with most agencies, Cellphone/Tablets are used, unless the infrastructure is damaged.

Another sources is
http://henney.com/chm/0117/chm0117.pdf

do they still use 138.225 or 141.875? or have they switch to 162-174 frequencies for nationwide primary? thanks

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Also, FEMA does use SatRad (Satellite Radio) to talk to State EOCs.... Every State EOC is equipped with one.

ecps92

Also, some have VHF/UHF access to a Regional Repeater or the National Repeater Network as well....in addition to the old ST251's now replaced by the G2's under MSV now Skyterra

Only constant/careful searching will determine use in your area.
IT could be a monthly radio test, or it could be daily.
Also, FEMA does use SatRad (Satellite Radio) to talk to State EOCs.... Every State EOC is equipped with one.

wbswetnam

they get thousands of frequencies.
since i started listening i have vacuumed up frequencies.
i don't delete them.
even under the thunderbirds i have a 66 Mhz freq.
i never heard a thing there, but, maybe one day...
just like the folks that want the pl tone.
if it gets changed you get nothing.
i would leave it in, no matter what.

I have much the same policy. I have a BCT15X that I have dedicated to federal frequencies and "SHTF" frequencies. Rarely do I hear any activity (mostly what I pick up is late-night chatter between law enforcement on mutual aid frequencies) but I monitor this stuff anyway, "just in case". I even monitor the old VHF low band Arkansas LE frequencies of 37.240, 37.200, and 37.100 even though I haven't heard anything on those frequencies in more than ten years. Why? Because most counties and state agencies maintain active licenses for those frequencies. If something really BAAAAD happens (like an 8.6 magnitude earthquake along the New Madrid fault, or a solar EMF occurs) and AWIN goes completely off-line, those old VHF low frequencies may suddenly come back to life.

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
You can find them on this website under Nationwide frequencies. In my experience the channel numbers are incorrect, but the NACs and frequencies are in use.

ecps92

I think he was asking... Where you are hearing (City, State, County) them, and on What Freq in your area.

You can find them on this website under Nationwide frequencies. In my experience the channel numbers are incorrect, but the NACs and frequencies are in use.

Last edited:

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
I've heard enough unencrypted stuff to know the channel names are wildly inaccurate, but enough to confirm it's FEMA I'm hearing. 93-95% AES encrypted.

Western Washington.

Status
Not open for further replies.