RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Service Specific Monitoring > Federal Monitoring Forum

Federal Monitoring Forum - The place to discuss monitoring federal government communications and related topics

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 11:48 AM
dave3825's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: United States
Posts: 1,748
Default 171.9750 n141 171.8125 n173

Been getting hits on these 2 freqs here on eastern Long Island

The first, 171.9750 nac141 hearing things about panels, lieutenant, water, bldg 370 and Knox box.

On 171.8125 nac 173 I hear things like south of bldg 479, no harnesses will be worn, 2c confined space, manhole 77 and badge number, 87

Radio id's range from 3002928 to 3134587

3002928, "171.9750 n141"
3003191, "171.9750 n141"
3003515, "171.8125 n173"
3004976, "171.9750 n141"
3004980, "171.9750 n141"
3005239, "171.9750 n141"
3005367, "171.9750 n141"
3064955, "171.8125 n173"
3068720, "171.9750 n141"
3117872, "171.9750 n141"
3117879, "171.9750 n141"
3134587, "171.8125 n173"

Any idea's?
__________________
DMR436HP Br330T Pro 93 Pro 95
Arc330Pro ProScan Freescan BCDX36HP Easy Manual Id Tracker
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 12:10 PM
pro106import's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Posts: 1,124
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3825 View Post
Been getting hits on these 2 freqs here on eastern Long Island

The first, 171.9750 nac141 hearing things about panels, lieutenant, water, bldg 370 and Knox box.

On 171.8125 nac 173 I hear things like south of bldg 479, no harnesses will be worn, 2c confined space, manhole 77 and badge number, 87

Radio id's range from 3002928 to 3134587

3002928, "171.9750 n141"
3003191, "171.9750 n141"
3003515, "171.8125 n173"
3004976, "171.9750 n141"
3004980, "171.9750 n141"
3005239, "171.9750 n141"
3005367, "171.9750 n141"
3064955, "171.8125 n173"
3068720, "171.9750 n141"
3117872, "171.9750 n141"
3117879, "171.9750 n141"
3134587, "171.8125 n173"

Any idea's?
Yes those are Brookhaven National Labs new P25 freqs. Well, not very new but as of about a year ago.
Bob
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 2:03 PM
dave3825's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: United States
Posts: 1,748
Default

Thanks for the reply. I am guessing that nobody ever submitted these to the database. Are there any more freqs that you know of for them? There is 1 license for them that's expired that covers 8500.0000 to 10000.0000 mhz it seems. And 1 license for their amature radio club.

Thanks

Dave
__________________
DMR436HP Br330T Pro 93 Pro 95
Arc330Pro ProScan Freescan BCDX36HP Easy Manual Id Tracker
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 2:05 PM
pro106import's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Milford, Ct. perched high above Long Island Sound
Posts: 1,124
Default

Yes I am thinking they may be a Govt. entity so they won't be listed in the FCC DB, but not sure if they are Govt.?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 2:13 PM
KK4JUG's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro106import View Post
Yes I am thinking they may be a Govt. entity so they won't be listed in the FCC DB, but not sure if they are Govt.?
Yes, they're Gov't.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 2:51 PM
dave3825's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: United States
Posts: 1,748
Default

They do have a listing in the fcc db for a Land Mobile Radiolocation License - WPKL644 - BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORY

Their fire dept also helps neighboring towns when, well here's the quote.

Charles LaSalla, deputy chief for the Lab's fire department, said, "In addition to the extensive training required to protect the site and our employees and visitors, we are also good neighbors. We respond to alarms for neighboring communities when they do not have a crew readily available. Every BNL firefighter is ready to do his or her job at a moment's notice."

https://www.bnl.gov/newsroom/news.php?a=2496

46.46 MHz Callsign: 5-20-0
164.25 MHz NTIA
__________________
DMR436HP Br330T Pro 93 Pro 95
Arc330Pro ProScan Freescan BCDX36HP Easy Manual Id Tracker
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 5:00 PM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 8,839
Default

Dept of Energy, Yup .gov
https://science.energy.gov/bhso/

Licenses/Freq Authorizations are thru the DoC NTIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pro106import View Post
Yes I am thinking they may be a Govt. entity so they won't be listed in the FCC DB, but not sure if they are Govt.?
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 04-25-2017, 5:03 PM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 8,839
Default

WPKL644 - expired in 2002
ULS License - Land Mobile Radiolocation License - WPKL644 - BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORY
and was for RS - Land Mobile Radiolocation, not Voice modes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave3825 View Post
They do have a listing in the fcc db for a Land Mobile Radiolocation License - WPKL644 - BROOKHAVEN NATIONAL LABORATORY

Their fire dept also helps neighboring towns when, well here's the quote.

Charles LaSalla, deputy chief for the Lab's fire department, said, "In addition to the extensive training required to protect the site and our employees and visitors, we are also good neighbors. We respond to alarms for neighboring communities when they do not have a crew readily available. Every BNL firefighter is ready to do his or her job at a moment's notice."

https://www.bnl.gov/newsroom/news.php?a=2496

46.46 MHz Callsign: 5-20-0
164.25 MHz NTIA
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions