iDAS used in Federal bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Has anyone found any Federal agencies using iDAS [systems] in the Federal UHF band?
I doubt you will find any US federal agencies using NXDN(iDAS/Nexedge) but you have a pretty reasonably clear shot to the NW from your location to Vancouver Island, and may hear NXDN from Canada. We do not have a 'Federal' band plan, but there is extensive use of 400-430MHz by LMR users in Canada

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
I doubt you will find any US federal agencies using NXDN(iDAS/Nexedge) but you have a pretty reasonably clear shot to the NW from your location to Vancouver Island, and may hear NXDN from Canada. We do not have a 'Federal' band plan, but there is extensive use of 400-430MHz by LMR users in Canada

That was my first thought since WTS has a NXDN system up there; however, I'm getting (3) iDAS control channels with encrypted voice. The voice traffic is quite limited but I don't think they're from Canada. I'm picking them up with scanner driving around town.

I did finally see an actual hit on DSD+ the other day so the system is in use.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Can you post frequencies/RAN/System ID? It may help us figure out what you are hearing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RayAir

I found two when I was in Laurel,MD back in August.

Not sure who the user was. It was running 15-bit scramble on all TGs.

Frequencies were in the 406-409MHz range IIRC.

Note: I can't imagine it being anyone important as the big boys in that area were running 84 on a UHF p25 TRS.

Attachments

• IMG_20170926_020014.jpg
    IMG_20170926_020014.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 356

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
Can you post frequencies/RAN/System ID?

This is IDAS... no RAN or system numbers available... hearing voice today. I finally got some time to listen during the morning hours. All (3) frequencies are linked (simulcasted) together... one is out of range to decode... the other two are almost equal strength. I can flip between those two with no problem.

So far, I'm seeing TGIDs:

1-3
1-5
1-12

I'm holding the frequencies for a bit. A couple are known VA frequencies. One is USPS.

idas.JPG

Last edited:

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering if they have three sites to cover a wider area - particularly for transportation to other facilities, etc?

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.