DHS Orlando, FL 172.0625 P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
I came down this weekend to our place here in Brevard County and I put all the federal P25 VHF freqs I could find on here and an old database for central Florida. I've heard a good bit of P25 conventional traffic on some of these freqs however one has me curious. 172.0625 I found on the old central FL scanner database listed as "DHS Orlando 3". I'm sure the federal freqs around here have changed since 2015 so I am wondering if its DHS or another federal agency.

The federal LEO I heard was trying to catch up to a car near the 408 in Orange County. He ran their plate through dispatch and dispatcher came back with the info from DAVID and said that the registered owner is a US C according to DAVID. I guess US C means US citizen?

Would anyone know or have an idea if this is CBP, DHS FPS, or another federal agency? I don't have a NAC due to the fact that I was using my P25 portable to monitor. The NAC listed on the database is 304 but that was put up in 2015. Thanks guys.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Thank you for posting that I need to re do/update my DHS scan list for Florida. :D

They’re super busy this morning and they’re pulling a lot of people over near the 408. I didn’t even know that there was an active CBP station here working on the road. I believe it’s CBP.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413
"I’m just here for the radios ok?”

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
They’re super busy this morning and they’re pulling a lot of people over near the 408. I didn’t even know that there was an active CBP station here working on the road. I believe it’s CBP.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413

When I lived in Tampa I always saw a Federal Protection Service officer on I75 during early mornings waiting for people to drive by for him or her to stop. Here where I live in Georgia I hear ATF in the next city over.

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
When I lived in Tampa I always saw a Federal Protection Service officer on I75 during early mornings waiting for people to drive by for him or her to stop. Here where I live in Georgia I hear ATF in the next city over.

From my understanding federal leo can’t write tickets under state law unless deputized by the sheriff or police chief. I think the way CBP operates is that they are looking for suspected smuggling or drug trafficking. So I guess there is a certain PC criteria they have in order to make a stop.

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
The user is CBP/ US Border Patrol - Miami Sector Florida. "220" is the dispatcher is located at the Miami Sector Florida HQ in Pembroke Pines. The sector covers all of Florida and a few southern counties in GA. NAC 304 is for Central/East Florida. See this link:

https://www.cbp.gov/border-security/along-us-borders/border-patrol-sectors/miami-sector-florida

So I take it that they only patrol the roads in FL? What exactly are they patrol for in detail and what’s their PC for stopping people?

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413

Reactions: RRR

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
They must have been deputized as above. Normally agents run plates on vehicles if they are under surveillance. It would be great to see that DB you were referring to, we can swap notes since I have been collecting Fed freqs for the Central Fla region.

thanks!

Last edited:

kennyblues

Since Thanksgiving I've had, 172.7125, 170.6750, 173.9375, 171.1875, $304 all linked together from Seminole County used by Border Patrol, DHS HSI, Omaha Aircraft and EPA units, communicating with #220 or Charlie 100. It appears to me that this has replaced the D-NET 1 165.2375 $301 activity.
The Border Patrol has authority to operate anywhere within 100 miles of the Border, so that would include the entire state of Florida.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
Is this information accurate I have CBP all up and down 95

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Does anyone have frequencies for the Southern, Central and Northern parts of Georgia for CBP?

AlphaFive

DAVID

Funny you mention the term 'DAVID'. I was an LEO in Central Florida for 25 years, been retired for awhile. Before I retired our local com center in a County had our own local system for checking D.L.'s, on the laptops, it included a picture, that was DAVID. It was local, sure sounds like he was working with a local com center, that was very common...
When I refer to DAVID as local, it obviously went through a State database, but was used locally by the County com center..

Last edited:

K4DPA

Dawson A
Premium Subscriber
Funny you mention the term 'DAVID'. I was an LEO in Central Florida for 25 years, been retired for awhile. Before I retired our local com center in a County had our own local system for checking D.L.'s, on the laptops, it included a picture, that was DAVID. It was local, sure sounds like he was working with a local com center, that was very common...

When I refer to DAVID as local, it obviously went through a State database, but was used locally by the County com center..

Yeah I’m not sure about when you were a LEO. Now DAVID is a state ran database under FLHSMV. Any Leo agency can request access to DAVID by a certification process kinda like NCIC and FCIC

-Dawson Adams
WQPN413

kg9nn

Although controversial, CBP is permitted to stop and question people up to 100 miles inland from an international border (which is all of FL). They're sometimes called 'internal checkpoints' which sounds a bit communist to me, but I digress.

"US C" means "United States Citizen".

Sounds like they're looking for unlawful border crossings (by sea in this case) and human smuggling. Then again, if it's ICE then it could be part of their more aggressive efforts to locate and remove persons overstaying their visas.

Last edited:

ecps92

Driver And Vehicle Information Database (DAVID)
A multifaceted database that affords immediate retrieval of driver and motor vehicle information.
Provides accurate, concise, and up-to-date information that is indispensable for law enforcement and criminal justice officials.
The information is available to certified users. If you are a user needing access to DAVID please contact your agency Point of Contact. Point of Contact for your agency may be found on this DAVID tab under the ACCESS side menu. If you are an agency needing access to DAVID or assistance please contact DAVIDSupport@flhsmv.gov.
DAVID Link: https://david.flhsmv.gov.
For questions or support, please email DAVIDSupport@flhsmv.gov

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Here is a screenshot of the database that I am referring too.

That is a good list and all those frequencies are active. 172.0625 N100 is the Northwest Florida ICE repeater. It is tied together with 169.9125. It covers from Pensacola to Panama City.

Status
Not open for further replies.