NAC 123

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

I took a drive from Louisiana to Texarkana at. I picked up an NAC of 123. Can't find anything on that NAC .I could not see the freq. Due to the angle of the sun on my scanner. But at the same time my brother saw 123..any ideas..or do I need to provide a freq?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I took a drive from Louisiana to Texarkana at. I picked up an NAC of 123. Can't find anything on that NAC .I could not see the freq. Due to the angle of the sun on my scanner. But at the same time my brother saw 123..any ideas..or do I need to provide a freq?
Probably would need to confirm the frequency, to see whether or not it was in use by a Federal agency.

NAC 123 is used on base & mobile transmissions (they're different frequencies) by Texas DPS in Texarkana. Are you sure it could not have been from one of their units?

cajunjerry

Hey Steve, could have been. After texting with my brother, he says the alpha tag showed up as Alabama trooper. I have them programmed in for my trips to Florida. So I should be able to figure out the freq tomorrow..thanks..Jerry

ecps92

Glad you got the answer

Back to your post tho, Yes always handy to have the Freq and Location as
Freq or NAC alone do not generally confirm who a user is.

ie: $653 is routinely known as the NAC for the Federal Interops, but.. it is also the input NAC to BATFE Net-03 all with entirely different frequencies.

Another example is $167 - generally the FBI but....
Tennesee VHF TRS uses $167
NPS in WY has used $167
McDill AFB UHF TRS
BP in CA has a pair with that NAC

nd5y

I took a drive from Louisiana to Texarkana at.
If you're still there or next time try to drive east of Texarkana and see if you find any P25 control channels on 380-420 MHz.
I think there might be an undiscovered truked system at Red River Army Depot.

spacellamaman

just my 2 cents. in central NC have encountered NAC 123 ($123) twice. once briefly during radio testing at an Air National Guard base with 173.4xxx (.4125 i think?) as the freq and currently 173.4625 as the freq in use at the ANG base at KCLT.

tho from what i can understand (and i have read it twice and i really don't still) you have it nailed down to local LE in Alabama or Texar... or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.