Freq's Valley Forge Nat'l Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

catcher56

I don't know where to look for these frequencies. I'm interested in all communications for the National Park at Valley Forge.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
from http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/9952/nps.htm

VFNHP has been P25 digital for several years. I just found your page and I see that it sill lists the park as operating analog with 131.8 PL.

As of October or November 2005, Park Rangers will begin utilizing talkgroups on the Montgomery County, PA 800 MHz Motorola SmartZone system. The park’s dispatch center is being phased out due to, supposedly, funding and equipment issues. I’m not sure what maintenance staff will use or whether the VHF system will remain as a secondary comm path.
-- Thanks for the info. Please update if anyone has any further information.

Old info:

164.425 131.8 Maint
165.4375 131.8 Rangers

KFB734 Valley Forge
KFB735 Valley Forge

Audiodave1

Database Admin
VFNP is still active on 165.4375 in clear digital. Mostly chit-chat, some LE activities but active daily for sure.

I do not monitor the maint freq and believe they are not on a repeater since I have no log of them in the past year.

Dave

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
Audiodave1 said:
VFNP is still active on 165.4375 in clear digital. Mostly chit-chat, some LE activities but active daily for sure.

I do not monitor the maint freq and believe they are not on a repeater since I have no log of them in the past year.

Dave

165.4375 is the "Park Net" repeater output and, as Dave said, is used daily by the rangers.

Dispatches to calls (vehicle accidents, medical emergencies, biking accidents, security alarms, etc) are all handled through the Montco 911 center in Eagleville. All comms are done on Montco's Southeast Police talkgroup.

This time of year, there are only a few rangers on duty at any time and comms are not that frequent this time of year. There are a lot of traffic stops on the roads passing through the park on any given day, though.

As the Scanning NPS site says, funding was a major part of the park eliminating it's own dispatcher. I provided the updates regarding the dispatch changes last year.

Similar to Dave, I have also not logged any traffic on the 164.425 in quite some time. I live about 10 minutes from the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.